• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamey Russell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi friends!

I am selling my Stihl 090 chainsaw. I’m not sure of the exact year this saw was manufactured, but I believe its from the late 70’s or early 80’s. It is the non-AV model, but it has a full wrap handle. Its 137 CC and weighs about 26 lbs with no bar. It has a manual oiler. It has no chain brake obviously, and it does have the throttle hold which can be useful for a milling setup. The chainsaw has seen some wear, but starts up, idles, and cuts just fine. It would be great for either a restoration or for use in a milling setup. I purchased it to make table tops out of a rather large oak stump, and now I no longer have a use for such a large saw. I’d much rather have it be in the hands of someone who will use it and care for it.

The price is $1,100.

The saw will be sold as-is. I'm including:
  • A 36" Oregon bar (pictured below)
  • 3 ripping chains
  • 1 crosscut chain
  • A new starter assembly (NOT pictured).
The saw is located in Atlanta, GA. Local pickup would be great, but I'm not sure there's a huge market for this kind of saw down here. I'm happy to ship it anywhere in North America for an additional charge (should be in the neighborhood of $100, depending on the buyer's location.) If you're local, then we can schedule a time to meet up. Paypal is preferred.

I've attached several photos and a video of the saw running. If you have any additional photos you'd like to request, or if you have any questions about the saw, please let me know.

Thanks for reading,
Jamey

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/media/albums/stihl-090.653/

Where did you find that? I live south of Atlanta and never seen one for sale locally. I'd love to have it but out of my price range

Boy that brings back memories. My Dad was a cutter and told me if I bought a mini-bike frame he'd give me motor...originally when he said that he had a pioneer saw he wasn't using. Took me awhile to save the money and to find a frame without a motor. By that time he only had an old Stihl 090 with a 72" bar he wasn't using. A buddy of dads machined the clutch bell and welded a sprocket to it and I was off and running. Way to much motor, flipped it the 1st time I turned to crank on the gas. Boy that was a beast to start. The neighbors hate me...Boy was it loud and that bike shook idling. End up hooking up the motor to 1/2 throttle way to much motor for 10 year old kid. I finally broke out the rear wheel bearing on sprocket side. Dad had to remove the bar cover, tilt the saw up and mounted it by the handle bars to front of the bike frame to get the chain to clear because of the motor rotation. Hurt my hand several time when that saw backfired.. pulled the rope out my hand and it stung. Boy that 090 had some power.

Back