• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G, Completely Rebuilt, Runs Great, With Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to take it up with eBay. He referred to it as seller refurbished there. That was an accurate description. It was here he called “ completely rebuilt”. This has obviously run its course. I questioned calling it completely rebuilt, which I believe was legitimate. For those here who read the list of repairs made and would say it was completely rebuilt, we will always disagree. For the cheerleaders who don’t care about accuracy in advertising , only that one of their own was criticized, nothing more can be said.
Did you ever have any intention of buying this saw or are you just looking for attention?? There’s better ways to do it without making yourself look ridiculous.

What did I miss? Can anyone give a brief summary? I did see a post that said @NewToStihl is the 090 guru, I’ll agree with that, if he says a saw is good, I’d put money on it, all day long. I’m not a cheerleader though, that guy has “made” me spend a lot of damn money....

What did I miss? Can anyone give a brief summary? I did see a post that said @NewToStihl is the 090 guru, I’ll agree with that, if he says a saw is good, I’d put money on it, all day long. I’m not a cheerleader though, that guy has “made” me spend a lot of damn money....
A) see sticky in this section "All banter and off topic posts will be deleted. Content in question will be deleted at the moderators discretion. Any grievances can be forwarded to the ,Judge!" Not enforced.

A) see sticky in this section "All banter and off topic posts will be deleted. Content in question will be deleted at the moderators discretion. Any grievances can be forwarded to the ,Judge!" Not enforced.
Yeah, not sure what’s up with that. JH was repeatedly way beyond the line of what used to be considered acceptable around here.

JH was merely stating his opinion that a machine that has been thoroughly gone through, but has had very few wear/maintenance items replaced should not be called "completely rebuilt". I concur.

perhaps he had no tact whatsoever in stating his opinion, or that his opinion (like mine) is unneccesary and unwelcome in this case

Thanks!

Brief summary . . . the 090G market is very strong.

Did you ever have any intention of buying this saw or are you just looking for attention?? There’s better ways to do it without making yourself look ridiculous.

I looked because it would be nice to own a saw from my youth. When I saw what was pictured I questioned the title of the thread. It was shortly after that I knew it wasn’t for me.
Ridiculous? For expecting accurate language when someone wants me to part with my hard earned money? What’s ridiculous is some people’s attitude about the description. The end.

I looked because it would be nice to own a saw from my youth. When I saw what was pictured I questioned the title of the thread. It was shortly after that I knew it wasn’t for me.
Ridiculous? For expecting accurate language when someone wants me to part with my hard earned money? What’s ridiculous is some people’s attitude about the description. The end.
Sir, you may not be the only one that works hard for their money. There just may be a few others of us that kinda think we may as well.

Ridiculous? For expecting accurate language when someone wants me to part with my hard earned money?
The "words have meaning" guy is saying the OP wanted him to part with his hard earned money. Did he reach out to you personally and ask you to buy the saw? Did anyone here encourage you to bid on the offering? You need to get over yourself. The end.

The "words have meaning" guy is saying the OP wanted him to part with his hard earned money. Did he reach out to you personally and ask you to buy the saw? Did anyone here encourage you to bid on the offering? You need to get over yourself. The end.

An advertisement for sale is a request to whoever reads it. That’s why one advertises.

The cheap stuff in normal machines (don’t want to waste your hard earned money), but only Amsoil Dominator racing oil if you’re running something like a badass Plitz MS170 with a 24” bar!
Your 170 must be pretty weak this week. Mine will run the full 84" bar. Though in order to pull it had to go to a 15 pin as per professional recommendation. Don't know no nothin bout no oil though.

Back