• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G, Completely Rebuilt, Runs Great, With Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s see, hacked muffler, worn out drive sprocket, top handle cover bad, paint shot, do I need to look harder? That’s hardly rebuilt from the ground up.

Let’s see, hacked muffler, worn out drive sprocket, top handle cover bad, paint shot, do I need to look harder? That’s hardly rebuilt from the ground up.

It hasn't been cosmetically RESTORED. It has been REBUILT. In other words, it's been gone through mechanically. The muffler is solid. Not pretty, but it will last for decades. Drive sprocket has a lot of life left.

If you want something that looks pretty, this isn't the saw for you.

It hasn't been cosmetically RESTORED. It has been REBUILT. In other words, it's been gone through mechanically. The muffler is solid. Not pretty, but it will last for decades. Drive sprocket has a lot of life left.

If you want something that looks pretty, this isn't the saw for you.

4 self tappers and some window screen in the muffler and grooves In the drive sprocket deep enough To be seen on that photo tells me a lot when someone claims “ Rebuilt”. Fortunately for the seller there’s an —- for every seat.

4 self tappers and some window screen in the muffler and grooves In the drive sprocket deep enough To be seen on that photo tells me a lot when someone claims “ Rebuilt”. Fortunately for the seller there’s an —- for every seat.

To each his own, but if that sprocket is worn out you and I have very differing opinions on what does and does not need to be replaced. Also, those "4 self tappers and some window screen in the muffler" is perhaps something you should take up with Stihl, not the OP. Here's a quick shot of a NOS, factory original OEM 090G muffler. Based on your comments, I gather you're not an 090G guy, but rather just someone who likes to judge. With saws that have such a density of rare and difficult to find parts, you need to look at them with a different eye than an 044 or some other run-of-the-mill saw. That saw is absolutely rebuilt, mechanically sound, and ready to go. If you don't have anything nice to say...

Muffler.jpg

Its a good solid machine sold by a reputable person. Rebuild and restored are two different terms for a reason. Anyone with experience looking at an 090g would be more concerned with how the case looks behind the drive sprocket and is the plastic protector still intact.

To each his own, but if that sprocket is worn out you and I have very differing opinions on what does and does not need to be replaced. Also, those "4 self tappers and some window screen in the muffler" is perhaps something you should take up with Stihl, not the OP. Here's a quick shot of a NOS, factory original OEM 090G muffler. Based on your comments, I gather you're not an 090G guy, but rather just someone who likes to judge. With saws that have such a density of rare and difficult to find parts, you need to look at them with a different eye than an 044 or some other run-of-the-mill saw. That saw is absolutely rebuilt, mechanically sound, and ready to go. If you don't have anything nice to say...

View attachment 829753

As someone with almost 40 years of daily in the woods experience I think I know a worn sprocket when I see one. Next you can compare the snot welding job on the muffler with the the one you show and tell me there’s no difference. Completely rebuilt means just that . Anybody who says that phrase and shows me that saw doesn’t get a second look. If they said “ mechanically sound” I’d accept what I saw.

As someone with almost 40 years of daily in the woods experience I think I know a worn sprocket when I see one. Next you can compare the snot welding job on the muffler with the the one you show and tell me there’s no difference. Completely rebuilt means just that . Anybody who says that phrase and shows me that saw doesn’t get a second look. If they said “ mechanically sound” I’d accept what I saw.

That sprocket has a lot of service life left, plain and simple. You had not previously mentioned the welding and neither did I, you're grasping at straws now so can just keep throwing darts. I absolutely did not say there was no difference in the mufflers, I was pointing out your criticism of the screws and screen since you didn't know those are factory features.

The seller doesn't need a second look from you; he's getting plenty of second looks from the already 13 bidders he has with 5 days still remaining in the auction. We can absolutely keep going back & forth here, it just keeps the thread at the top of the page and gives the saw even more attention and advertising!

Fellas - we can continue to argue over the meaning of rebuilt and refurbished until we're blue in the face, but I'm comfortable with how I described the saw. I'll also note that the ad has a lengthy write-up and includes 12 photos of the saw, including several showing the faults that were also pointed out in the description. In addition to that, there are two videos of the saw running. I think it would be a stretch to say that the ad is misleading.
Thanks
Scott

I’d put 100% of my faith in what Beau has to say about that saw. From my experience “NewToStihl” is the 090 Guru around here. Honest and an overall great human being. If he says it’s good, It’s definitely Good.

Back