• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G, Completely Rebuilt, Runs Great, With Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn’t get to where you are paying this type of attention either. The post wasn’t addressed to you. It was addressed to New to stihl. However ,now that your shorts are in a knot maybe you can explain how your saw went from refurbished to completely rebuilt. That was the disagreement from the start.
Are you even remotely interested in buying this saw? Or are you just attempting to try to “expose” bulletpruf as a bad seller? Because if you are only here for the latter I can tell you that you are failing miserably.

No. Originally I was asking about the term rebuilt. It was you folks who all jumped in to defend a reputation that wasn’t in question til you all protested too much.

That’s called IRAN, ( inspect and repair as necessary) not rebuilt. It’s what one does to continue operations til the unit may be pulled from service for complete overhaul. Being a military man you should know the difference.

Well, I've never heard of IRAN, and I've been building motors for decades. As I already stated, the ad lists exactly what was done, so if you don't agree with how it's been characterized, just read the ad.

I'm done. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

No. Originally I was asking about the term rebuilt. It was you folks who all jumped in to defend a reputation that wasn’t in question til you all protested too much.
So supposedly you were “originally” asking him a question but seems more like harassment for the last 3 pages....

Well, I've never heard of IRAN, and I've been building motors for decades. As I already stated, the ad lists exactly what was done, so if you don't agree with how it's been characterized, just read the ad.

I'm done. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

IRAN. Frequently used Military term. I didn’t go further because you said you served. Rebuilt? Look up Govt publication AC43.11 Basically states any rebuilt equipment comes with a zero time log Book or maint record. All parts to measure within new spec. All parts designated “ rebuilt” must meet this spec. That’s why cheap parts are labeled Reman, not rebuilt. Reman has no universal standard. Much like refurbished. Words have meaning.

Let’s see, hacked muffler, worn out drive sprocket, top handle cover bad, paint shot, do I need to look harder? That’s hardly rebuilt from the ground up.

Yeah yeah, your balls are so big and all... my replies are what bulletpruf and SVK have said. Its on Ebay, so what do you expect? Its not listed as shelf queen or in perfect condition. And you are going to quote mil specs here? Really? Are you THAT lame? I have the Mil Specs for TP and bananas. NO ONE sells TP and bananas to those standards, save for those that supply the US military. And if you are going to hold the world to Mil-standards, good luck with that.

Your words have no meaning here. You are just a whiner. Its not perfect, and it is certainly not in any Mil Spec sheets. Thank God for that. So get over it.

Yeah yeah, your balls are so big and all... my replies are what bulletpruf and SVK have said. Its on Ebay, so what do you expect? Its not listed as shelf queen or in perfect condition. And you are going to quote mil specs here? Really? Are you THAT lame? I have the Mil Specs for TP and bananas. NO ONE sells TP and bananas to those standards, save for those that supply the US military. And if you are going to hold the world to Mil-standards, good luck with that.

Your words have no meaning here. You are just a whiner. Its not perfect, and it is certainly not in any Mil Spec sheets. Thank God for that. So get over it.
Good to see you sir

I d I not believe this saw is being sold as a piece of military equipment no im not understanding why a military term is applicable? I've been rebuilding engines for well over 40 years and had engine machine shop experience. I've never heard the term "IRAN" other than as a name of a nation. I guess I'm not very worldly, still the saw was and is represented very correctly. By the way J, I have an M35A3C that was formerly an M35A2. It was painted over pealing coating on the fenders and overall appears to be in similar shape as that saw, however it was sold by AM General back to the military as a NEW truck and has a 2006 build date. Yes it has a new cat engine and Allison auto, however the rest was just refurbished as again, this saw was.

It has meaning because the term rebuilt has a true definition. As in govt standards. As in legal definition. As I said previously, that’s why cheap parts are labeled reman, not rebuilt. Reman has no legal definition. If you don’t like like being held to a definable standard that’s a reflection on you, not me.

It has meaning because the term rebuilt has a true definition. As in govt standards. As in legal definition. As I said previously, that’s why cheap parts are labeled reman, not rebuilt. Reman has no legal definition. If you don’t like like being held to a definable standard that’s a reflection on you, not me.

Laws are clearly being broken! Somebody needs to contact the proper authorities! Oh wait...

Lighten up cowboy, we're just talking about used chainsaws. If you think there are legal definitions and definable standards applicable to selling used chainsaws being abused, perhaps you should take that matter up with ebay and the moderators of this forum. I'm sure they would love to hear your case.

And the cheerleaders congregate.
So I see you’ve acknowledged that you’ve lost the war and are now trying to pick fights with other people to try and defer folks from your embarrassment.
Laws are clearly being broken! Somebody needs to contact the proper authorities! Oh wait...

Lighten up cowboy, we're just talking about used chainsaws. perhaps you should take that matter up with ebay and the moderators of this forum. I'm sure they would love to hear your case.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well to me, and not knowing any technical standards, "completely rebuilt" would include big and small end needles, wristpin, crank rollers, ring AND piston.

Refurbished/thoroughly gone through is what happened here, imo. And it is most likely a fine job of it and a fine saw.

Semantics.

Good luck with the sale! I haven't checked the current bid, but I think it was going well..?

Dude, people interpret things differently. Other than somebody blatantly lying about a piece of equipment who gives a crap about the jargon being used. Use your eyes! I betcha if somebody interested in buying saw asked for a picture of piston with muffler off, Op would do so. If you just wouldn’t be an ass 99% of folks are good and would answer any questions you had.

So I see you’ve acknowledged that you’ve lost the war and are now trying to pick fights with other people to try and defer folks from your embarrassment.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No need to take it up with eBay. He referred to it as seller refurbished there. That was an accurate description. It was here he called “ completely rebuilt”. This has obviously run its course. I questioned calling it completely rebuilt, which I believe was legitimate. For those here who read the list of repairs made and would say it was completely rebuilt, we will always disagree. For the cheerleaders who don’t care about accuracy in advertising , only that one of their own was criticized, nothing more can be said.

So you you know the difference between rebuilt and restored? I know I am a noob and all on here and to saws for the most part, but being a gear head for 30+ years and being cheap at the same time I know the difference between rebuilt and restored. Rebuild is a mechanical term when used in this context. All mechanical parts have been rebuild to standards so they run as they should. Restored means it looks like it did when it came from the factory.

If you disagree with the nomenclature thats fine. But I just read through your posts in this thread and you seem to be attacking based in opinion and not any real material evidence. Furthermore you are not even interested in the saw. Wow man you really must have your life squared away if this is how you spend your spare time.

Example:

I just rebuilt a motor for my rig. Its is fully gone through and all wear items that were not in spec to what the FSM called for were replaced. Same as a dealership or shop would have done if you can find one that would take the time to rebuild vs just overcharging for a factory crate motor. Some items were upgraded and some items were removed. It is in no way restored to factory. It currently has more power than if I restored it as well as gets an extra few MPG’s. Its Rebuilt not restored.

There is one in every crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is 1 way to proof that this saw is not rebuild. Buy it, disassemble it, post pics on As.

Latest posts

Back