• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 090G Gear Drive 404

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's a nice running 090G. Starts first pull from warm start. 404 pitch with spur sprocket in perfect shape.
Comes with 48" cannon bar in perfect shape other than superficial rust and new 404 full skip chisel chain. The cylinder cover comes with a small divet. Could be easily buffed out.
The wrap handle was welded professionally at some time and there is one stripped bolt on the wrap retainer bracket. 1350.00 delivered.
There is one member here who has the right of first refusal. (River Rat).
Thx
John

The sharpie costs extra Jon, classically it reads '20:1 only'. The saw originated out of Haines Alaska, so there is some provenance there.
My sorry, John.

I now see this only adds to the mystique of this rare old gem.

If only money were no object..........

Gypo, anybody seriously looking at an 090g will want to see the condition of the plastic protective piece for the crankcase located behind the spur gear. Clean that area out of wood chips and take the clutch cover off so it can bee seen.

Gypo, anybody seriously looking at an 090g will want to see the condition of the plastic protective piece for the crankcase located behind the spur gear. Clean that area out of wood chips and take the clutch cover off so it can bee seen.
Good call, will do.

Yea, but I bet those little trees have nice and dense wood. We took down an alpine area Doug Fir snag that was 36" and was 433 years old with rings well under a millimeter. The same 36" Doug Fir tree 50 miles away in the valley would have only been about 55 years old.

Do you tightwads want this zaw or knot!!
image-jpg.421795

It might sell faster if you took off your pants.

Nice pics Gypo, that is a hard to find piece and it looks to be in great shape. Most are broken or missing and replaced with epoxy.

By the way, is that a 66mm or the standard 58mm. Some say on the base of the cylinder. It would have a part number with a 66 in it. Another way of checking this is on the side or with the top off does the top fin have a notch out both sides in the front. This can be seen with the top on but its hard to take a picture of.

That is one very nice saw at a great price but I have two already and don't need a third. I have owned six of thoses 090g's so I can say that one in that condition does not come along often.

I'm pretty sure it's not a 66 mm. I will measure it thru the exhaust to make sure. The only # I can see on the cyl without taking it off is 1116. There is also 2 red dots of paint on the cyl.
Nice pics Gypo, that is a hard to find piece and it looks to be in great shape. Most are broken or missing and replaced with epoxy.

By the way, is that a 66mm or the standard 58mm. Some say on the base of the cylinder. It would have a part number with a 66 in it. Another way of checking this is on the side or with the top off does the top fin have a notch out both sides in the front. This can be seen with the top on but its hard to take a picture of.

That is one very nice saw at a great price but I have two already and don't need a third. I have owned six of thoses 090g's so I can say that one in that condition does not come along often.

Back