• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 090G Gear Drive 404

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cull or no, that is still one very nice saw. The corner cutouts on the top fin tell me its a 106cc saw. Of course that doesn't diminish it at all and it coi ld be easily be made to 137cc by the new owner, if they so choose.

By the way Gyppo, if your a cull, what does that make a lot of us? :laugh:

Cull or no, that is still one very nice saw. The corner cutouts on the top fin tell me its a 106cc saw. Of course that doesn't diminish it at all and it coi ld be easily be made to 137cc by the new owner, if they so choose.

By the way Gyppo, if your a cull, what does that make a lot of us? :laugh:
It just means we are all woodticks. Lol
Your input is muchly appreciated SawFun.
Thx

No problen Gypo, I was gonna sell my 090g with 96" bar later this year, but after seeing your trouble, I guess I will hold onto it a bit longer. Are you gonna go the Ebay route?

Yes I know, but I want sell the powerhead as well and thought it would be a better way for it to go.

Most folks have no use for a 96" bar other than the novelty but they sure as heck have a used for a 090G sporting a new Stihl 41" bar

Yea, well this one gets used ocassionally. The 090g is about the only thing that can run such a bar length effectively. Especially when it's got the 137cc cylinder on it. Conversation piece, yes. Wall hanger, no.

20130608_180120_7.jpg Here it is along with a 72" Cannon and 60" Stihl. The two Macs hace 50" bars for comparison. That was a 6 foot chunk of Sequoia. You can see it in use on my YouTube channel sawfun1. Big Mike is cutting an old growth cedar stump. The stump alone had 12,000 lbs of wood in it, and that was with the center 3 × 5 foot section burned out from the Tillamook Burn.

Back