Stihl 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here this one I got for 400

Attachments

• E0FDF383-3C29-4EA1-9178-E2CFCA873F79.jpeg
    E0FDF383-3C29-4EA1-9178-E2CFCA873F79.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 150E464D-42A7-4DA4-9401-37A8D4C8DD8E.jpeg
    150E464D-42A7-4DA4-9401-37A8D4C8DD8E.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 16
  • 83004B04-FB3E-475E-B84A-7F37E4BDA0A4.jpeg
    83004B04-FB3E-475E-B84A-7F37E4BDA0A4.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • 8F572F39-632C-4AB8-9AC8-EB366DE5C3FF.jpeg
    8F572F39-632C-4AB8-9AC8-EB366DE5C3FF.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
If it starts in 5 pulls or less, idles and runs good then its fine.
I’ve got one of mine on the bench right now, runs good and idles fine, dies in the cut after about 20 seconds. Already swapped out the tank vent, she runs fine after opening the fuel cap! I’ve already done a pressure vac test and a comp test, came in at 125. Checked the ring gap, well within specs. I’ll be pulling the fuel tank apart later today to look for a block in the vent line. Good thing I have a backup 200t to work with. I’ve also pulled the carb apart for inspection, found nothing wrong. More on the subject later today!

I’ve got one of mine on the bench right now, runs good and idles fine, dies in the cut after about 20 seconds. Already swapped out the tank vent, she runs fine after opening the fuel cap! I’ve already done a pressure vac test and a comp test, came in at 125. Checked the ring gap, well within specs. I’ll be pulling the fuel tank apart later today to look for a block in the vent line. Good thing I have a backup 200t to work with. I’ve also pulled the carb apart for inspection, found nothing wrong. More on the subject later today!
A few things jump out at me immediately first the 125 lbs compression is way too low you want 145 - 160. Did you pull till it stopped rising or stopped pulling at a count? Look and see if the piston and cyl is OEM?
No need to pull the fuel tank ,first see if it holds pressure connect MitiVac to fuel line and spray soapy water around the fuel cap look for bubbles. Once you ascertain a good seal to to whole tank and cap the proceed to test for vac ,same place in the fuel line it should not hold vac if it does the vent isn't working.

A few things jump out at me immediately first the 125 lbs compression is way too low you want 145 - 160. Did you pull till it stopped rising or stopped pulling at a count? Look and see if the piston and cyl is OEM?
No need to pull the fuel tank ,first see if it holds pressure connect MitiVac to fuel line and spray soapy water around the fuel cap look for bubbles. Once you ascertain a good seal to to whole tank and cap the proceed to test for vac ,same place in the fuel line it should not hold vac if it does the vent isn't working.
The cylinder is OEM, I know the comp is low, but it should not affect the saw like it is,right? I’ll be performing more tests later on the fuel system, particularly the vent! I
I’ll keep you posted. I have a ton of wood to cut after our last storm, thank goodness I have 2 of the 200 t’s! We have at least 5 cords of oak laying on the ground from that last round of Sierra Cement, more than I’ve seen since we moved here 25 yrs ago, power was out for 8 days!

The cylinder is OEM, I know the comp is low, but it should not affect the saw like it is,right? I’ll be performing more tests later on the fuel system, particularly the vent! I
I’ll keep you posted. I have a ton of wood to cut after our last storm, thank goodness I have 2 of the 200 t’s! We have at least 5 cords of oak laying on the ground from that last round of Sierra Cement, more than I’ve seen since we moved here 25 yrs ago, power was out for 8 days!
It could affect it yes compression gets lower hot. Did you swap a carb from a good runner yet?

It could affect it yes compression gets lower hot. Did you swap a carb from a good runner yet?
Nope, haven’t swapped it, yet! I checked the comp after it ran for a while, today, I’ll check it cold. It might be later this evening before I get to it, we have a giant burn pile to torch off on the lower part of the property, I’ll post some pics later! Hope you’re surviving this quarantine thing ok, we’re pretty lucky here, not that much different than normal for me n the Mrs., we have 2 1/2 acres to keep us busy. Don’t go to town all that much anyway!

Nope, haven’t swapped it, yet! I checked the comp after it ran for a while, today, I’ll check it cold. It might be later this evening before I get to it, we have a giant burn pile to torch off on the lower part of the property, I’ll post some pics later! Hope you’re surviving this quarantine thing ok, we’re pretty lucky here, not that much different than normal for me n the Mrs., we have 2 1/2 acres to keep us busy. Don’t go to town all that much anyway!
Swap the carb from the runner,if that fails redo the top end, that comp is very low . Are you sure you are pulling untill it stops rising The gauge works right cross check that also on a good or newer saw. Should read 160 range.

Latest posts

Back