• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell stihl 290 basket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok i have a stihl 290 and after i took it apart i decided i did not want to mess with the hassle. all i have worked on are "pro saws" with mag cases. this was difficult to get apart. the crank is trashed the clutch is also trashed and so is the oil pump and the p/c and the brake handle. Also i had to drill out the 4 bolts that hold the p/c in the shell. I looked the ebays as my dad says it and i think you could have this saw up and running for about 150$ plus the 25$ for the basket case. or if you are a dealer you could part this thing out and make some real $. anyway pm me if you are interested. BTW you will have to pay shipping or come pick it up.
parts you will need:
engine: ebay -85
clutch:--------17
oilpump-----20
brake handle ---25
any questions i will do my best to help.

Attachments

• P3020001.jpg
    P3020001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P3020002.jpg
    P3020002.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 31
oh yeah i cut the muff to pull the guts out so you will need to weld it back.

i would like to get 25$. the plastics are all real clean. Dishwasher.... my wife is pretty cool.

here is a video of complete assembly

i thought about throwing it in dumpster..... i did but then i thought i would let someone decide if they wanted to take on the task

Latest posts

Back