Stihl 311?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 311 chainsaw: I also bought the same saw and brand new, it has never touched a tree yet. aIt did start ok a few times over the winter months, then suddenly nothing happens,. it floods horribly, the saw still under warranty so I took it to the retailers service shop. they supposedly cleaned out the flooded cylinder, plug and muffler and they claim it starts great. I get it home,. same problem. I might add to this also,. the ONLY fuel used is the $8.00 quart of Stihl fuel and the Stihl 2 cycle oil.
So,. I listed in on Craigslist for $200.00 I paid $622.00 total because I was foolish enough to also waste money for a spare chain amd the fancy Stihl chain sharpener.

Guess what? everyone that contacted me about this particular brand and especially the model 311, told me I would be better off to put it on a tree stump and set in on fire and afterward swear to never waste money on Stihl products and always buy a quality saw.

So it seems as though Stihl has apparently gained a reputation for making a junk saw that is very difficult to start.

Am I surprised after owning the model 311? NoPe !

Back