Stihl 361 Dawg, will they fit the 036?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Dawgs from the Stihl 361/362 will fit the 036? Part number 1135-650-7750.

I have been able to find that one, appreciate the info. I was trying to find the outside dawgs, I cannot seem to locate anyone selling them other than aftermarket that are to large for my liking.

I have been able to find that one, appreciate the info. I was trying to find the outside dawgs, I cannot seem to locate anyone selling them other than aftermarket that are to large for my liking.
i got mine from stihl. i'll check the #'s on them because they are different.here's what i put on mine
20160226_141020.jpg 20160226_141020.jpg

outside dawg# 1135-664-0500A
inside dawg #1135-664-0501A
just realized the part #you posted is for the complete kit with all the parts and pieces. DUH! yes that is what i used on my 036. the plastic bumper strip on the inside of the clutch cover may need trimmed. for the new bolt. the little circlip on the roller is a real pita. i see baileys has it for $52 but i don't think i paid thst much through my stihl dealer.

Both my o36 and 361 came with an inside bumper spike. I added an outside spike to each from HL Supply. All the points lined up and practically no machining was required. I shortened the bolts a tad and gave the lock nuts some room under the nylon guides. Tighten those bolts like mad and check them now and then. Here's my 036, upgraded from an 034 Super:
Stihl 036-1.JPG

Both my o36 and 361 came with an inside bumper spike. I added an outside spike to each from HL Supply. All the points lined up and practically no machining was required. I shortened the bolts a tad and gave the lock nuts some room under the nylon guides. Tighten those bolts like mad and check them now and then. Here's my 036, upgraded from an 034 Super:
View attachment 643266

Stihl makes nuts and bolts for the falling dawg sets that come with the kits, and they show in the assembly for the nuts to be on the outside of the clutch cover...helps the chain guides fit in the clutch cover better when you use the nuts and bolts stihl supplies.

The new kits are 12-15 bucks and come with both dawgs as well as the fasteners, you can't beat it...0000-660-0800...gets you what you need.

View attachment 643266
did you put the ceramic chain catcher on?

Stihl makes nuts and bolts for the falling dawg sets that come with the kits, and they show in the assembly for the nuts to be on the outside of the clutch cover...helps the chain guides fit in the clutch cover better when you use the nuts and bolts stihl supplies.

The new kits are 12-15 bucks and come with both dawgs as well as the fasteners, you can't beat it...0000-660-0800...gets you what you need.
It was a very simple process to take down the length of the short bolts that I bought. I just plain like the appearance of the way I did it because leaving nuts exposed on the outside looks crummy. MHO.

I ended up ordering the set that I listed in the first posting for my 036, they said they should be here sometime this coming week but I never hold me breath on when stuff from Stihl will show up LOL. I ended up paying $41 for them with tax for the set.

I ended up ordering the set that I listed in the first posting for my 036, they said they should be here sometime this coming week but I never hold me breath on when stuff from Stihl will show up LOL. I ended up paying $41 for them with tax for the set.

I ordered a bunch of those sets you just got over the years for 260/1 360/1/2 saws and always bitched about what they cost, I was happy to see they significantly lowered the price on the newer style..I just wish they would have put the holes in for the roller but it is what it is.

TBH I needed them like another hole in the head, my saw cuts fine without them, BUT I had put a set on my sons Echo CS-590 and well I wasn't about to let his saw out shine mine :laughing:.

We had replaced his bar cover with the magnesium side cover then put the outside dawgs on it, changed the plastic front handle to aluminum, changed out the spur sprocket to a rim/drum and changed the bar to a Sugihara with a LGX chain. Getting ready to change the nozzle out so we have unlimited control on the H jet and did a muff mod on it. That saw is gonna give my 036 with only a muff mod a run for its money :chainsaw:

Nice looking saw WoodDoctor. Heck I don't even run my 036 that much, I bet it doesn't have 5 hours on it since new. I had a little Husky 41 that I used to do most of my cutting as well as a ported 046 i used for a bit. Wish I hadn't sold the 046 off she was a strong girl when you put the coal to her.

Back