Stihl 441 magnum pro rebuild q/a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoop99

Reaction score
Best cylinder rebuild kit for a stihl 441 magnum pro? New to saw repair and I don’t wanna buy crap to rebuild my saw. Appreciate the input.

The best option is a new Stihl factory OEM P&C & rings. But that is REALLY $pendy. New OEM P&C kits are available through the UK on Ebay for a little over $400. You can probably get a good used working 440 or 441 for near that price though. So I would opt for plan B (in order of preference):
-A good used 441 factory OEM P&C kit. One is available on Ebay now for $125 + $13.50 shipping. I would go for this with a new set of Caber rings to up the compression.
-A Meteor piston & Nikasil cylinder kit with Caber rings from Florida for $142 shipped stateside. Available on Ebay.

Note that I opted for the Meteor piston and Kolben cylinder kit to rebuild my 441 when I had one. A good used P&C was not available. It worked very well. I Iater sold the lightly scored OEM 441 jug here on AS for some coin. I did not like working on or falling with that saw and I sold it to a faller locally.

I would avoid the cheapie $50 Ebay P&C rebuild kits from China. Waste of time and money IMO.

Latest posts

Back