• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold stihl 441C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Good running and decent shape for a used saw. Has the typical bruises but the filter cover had the worst of it. Not sure what the hell it is but I was able to use a lil elbow and get some off. More will come off but I gave up.
Compression is 150. Piston looks great with machine marks there is a little bit of blow-by discoloration on the skirt below the rings. The front of the case under the muffler looks like it may have been painted but I really cant tell 100% but figured I should mention. Everything functions as it should.

PHO only 500.00
Ill pay 20.00 towards total shipping costs.
Feel free to ask any questions
IMG_1936[1].JPG IMG_1937[1].JPG IMG_1938[1].JPG IMG_1939[1].JPG IMG_1940[1].JPG IMG_1941[1].JPG IMG_1942[1].JPG IMG_1943[1].JPG

That looks like paint transfer on the air filter cover . Carb cleaner or brake clean on a rag should wipe it off easily

Sent from my phone when I should be working

I don't believe its paint. It looks like rubber? Kind of like how a burn out on blacktop looks, that's what this puts me in the mind of.

I've got some messed up stuff off with brake clean . Just don't spray it directly on the plastic . Sometimes it will melt it

Sent from my phone when I should be working

Looks like butylflex. I use gasoline on that kind of stuff, because the Stihl plastic is designed to resist it. Brake clean is ether, and that will strip the metal paint and dull the plastic. So will lacquer thinner.

Rubbing compound and some mean green is what I used to get some off. I thought about a dab of gas but wasn't sure how it would do with the plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubbing compound and some mean green is what I used to get some off. I thought about a dab of gas but wasn't sure how it would do with the plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goof Off (or Goo Gone) work pretty damn well on 99% of the stuff I need to remove and usually won't dull, fade or discolor plastic. But they also do work very well at removing paint from things pretty easily, so don't get it on painted parts unless you want the paint removed. Nice saw overal- GLWS

Methyl Ethel Ketone. Pretty good on some tar like junk removal. Real good with adhesive residue.

We used to use that for near everything when I was in the Air Force... washing hands, benchtops, bombs, greasy parts, etc... well until some hippies made the EPA say it was bad for people... then it became harder to get than bacon in Hadji land.

I guess you didnt get my PM. Yesterday!
Yes I did while I was asleep. I did see it I was at work and unable to respond at the moment I read. But i did check the shipping to the zip you gave (ouch!).
I had been talking with a gentleman about the saw prior to your P.M. and I honestly forgot to give you a response.

My bad.....

Latest posts

Back