Stihl 63pmx

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know, I'll probably snag some of the Stihl loops in time. After removing the bar nose steering attachment from my saw carriage I magically have a 1/4" kerf with the Carlton chains...

What are you using to sharpen your chains? I'm using a Granberg Grind N' Joint that is working pretty well and doing a fairly good job of keeping the cutters even. I like that I can power it off my tractor, but I would like something more precise in the future.
I'm an old school hand filer. I do use a pferd file holder sometimes on the milling chains.

For crosscut chains I can do a good job just freehanding a round file

I really like the 63 pmx chain, but it's damm expensive. I should have got a roll when Left coast/Greg was still in business
Carlton used to be really good chain when original owners ran the show. I'm not a big fan of blount

I'm an old school hand filer. I do use a pferd file holder sometimes on the milling chains.

For crosscut chains I can do a good job just freehanding a round file

I really like the 63 pmx chain, but it's damm expensive. I should have got a roll when Left coast/Greg was still in business
Carlton used to be really good chain when original owners ran the show. I'm not a big fan of blount
After finding this thread I tried to look up Left Coast and then read about that tragedy. It's a shame because Bailey's is like $.67 per drive like on the 63 PMX.

Back