• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnshaker

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Stihl 661 for sale. Saw is still on its first tank. Awesome saw and will post others and if they sell first will try to keep it. Still have original box I brought it home in. Will take $1125.00 with 25" es bar or $1075.00 pho. Plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_20141208_122846_216.jpg
    IMG_20141208_122846_216.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20141208_122905_661.jpg
    IMG_20141208_122905_661.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 149
Good, then it was made after the recall models. It should be a good saw.
Yes before the recalls are not good models, be sure , and the stihl make two years for find and fixing the problem.
fairy tales are not interesting if dont have dragons

What's up with those numbers ?
Chris

661 saws with serial numbers between 177 367 909 and 177 751 744 were recalled for faults in the engine. Many of those saws lost power and failed. Stihl pulled he first release of the 661 and redesigned the engine which are on the newer/higher number 661s. The cylinder, piston, intake boot and base gasket are replaced in the recall in the EU. I would avoid any 661s between the serial numbers listed above unless they have been updated with the newer engine parts by Stihl.

Ty for that info
661 saws with serial numbers between 177 367 909 and 177 751 744 were recalled for faults in the engine. Many of those saws lost power and failed. Stihl pulled he first release of the 661 and redesigned the engine which are on the newer/higher number 661s. The cylinder, piston, intake boot and base gasket are replaced in the recall in the EU. I would avoid any 661s between the serial numbers listed above unless they have been updated with the newer engine parts by Stihl.

The stihl in my country have over of 100 pieces of ms 66o in the warehouse when the stihl come with 661 maybe this say something. I order the 661 the day that the distributor bring it so it the first order i pre-pay 1300 euros and after a week the stihl tell me to take my money back, then the dealer phone to me and say after a conversation with the stihl we offer the 660 in about 40% cheaper.
all theese maybe tell something about the famous recall ?
When i ask the stihl they answer that the germans dont say something about technical problems, and dont say something generally.

Yes, after the first release of the 661 had problems and they stopped making them and they put the 660 back into production. They shipped a lot of 660s in lieu of the 661 to the UK and the US, and there are still areas here that have 660s and no 661s. This area is one of them. I have not seen any 661s on the shelves here yet.

As for Stihl no saying anything, that is typical. They never fessed up to the recall and the information I posted here is from Stihl technical bulletins that I got from some guys in Germany. Even the Germans have the same problems with Stihl in Germany not telling them anything.

Yes, after the first release of the 661 had problems and they stopped making them and they put the 660 back into production. They shipped a lot of 660s in lieu of the 661 to the UK and the US, and there are still areas here that have 660s and no 661s. This area is one of them. I have not seen any 661s on the shelves here yet.

As for Stihl no saying anything, that is typical. They never fessed up to the recall and the information I posted here is from Stihl technical bulletins that I got from some guys in Germany. Even the Germans have the same problems with Stihl in Germany not telling them anything.
ok the problem solved now and we have the 661:)

Back