Stihl Aftermarket Parts Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cheapest gas powered splitter in this area is about $700 and it is only a 13ton splitter. Definitely not something I would spend that kind of money on. I could probably build something a lot better for less. I have a 12hp Kohler that I have been slowly rebuilding, since it was pulled from an old John Deere 112, that could probably be used to power it.

Bought mine at Tractor Supply, on sale for nine something+7% sales tax. It was normally something like $1099. I will say one thing about it, it has been very dependable and easy starting always. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine, I forget what hp but I think it's around 7.

i have had an aftermarket crank in my milling 660 over a year now with no issues ,also a meteor 460 jug and piston on a 440 with no issues
Who made the crankshaft? I'm looking for a good am one for my stihl 440. There's are a lot of different names and prices.

I tried an after market fuel line for an MS260 it is not as pliable as OEM also it seems to be a bit longer so when you bend it to hook it to the carb it kinks this can and will limit the fuel going into the carb, the chineese oil line and impulse lines seem ok... I also used an after market clutch, air filter, and coil on the saw they seem to working well with no problems or issues and fit is good

I put a NWP top end kit on the 260 I have heard the meteor kits for the 260 are not that great with some sort of porting problem the NWP looks like decent machining it is chrome lined and it seems to be working real well I also got an NWP gasket/seal set I did not split the case so did not use that gasket but the seals, jug base gasket, and muffler gasket all fit good

I tried an after market fuel line for an MS260 it is not as pliable as OEM also it seems to be a bit longer so when you bend it to hook it to the carb it kinks this can and will limit the fuel going into the carb, the chineese oil line and impulse lines seem ok... I also used an after market clutch, air filter, and coil on the saw they seem to working well with no problems or issues and fit is good

I put a NWP top end kit on the 260 I have heard the meteor kits for the 260 are not that great with some sort of porting problem the NWP looks like decent machining it is chrome lined and it seems to be working real well I also got an NWP gasket/seal set I did not split the case so did not use that gasket but the seals, jug base gasket, and muffler gasket all fit good

The aftermarket fuel lines are a no go. I tried several -- they were way too soft, and too many other complaints against them as well. It just does not make sense to take a chance on scoring up a costly saw over a few bucks.

I saw a tecomec gasket for a 036 on eBay. Has anyone used one of these? Are the included seals a quality seal? It says made in Italy on the package?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The straight fuel lines such as on an 028 or an older 026 would probably be okay in the aftermarket even if only for a while. Where the 029 fuel hose failed was where the bend next to the carb is it kinked and blocked off the fuel.

I've run into this problem as well on a ms260. I use lots of aftermarket lines on other saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The straight fuel lines such as on an 028 or an older 026 would probably be okay in the aftermarket even if only for a while. Where the 029 fuel hose failed was where the bend next to the carb is it kinked and blocked off the fuel.
I tried 3 or so of 10 bought for 026's, all that I tried swelled at the pick up end and the pick ups fell off. The best I remember was 1 tank of fuel before failing.

Latest posts

Back