Stihl Bars on Husqvarna Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblackdodge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey All. I'd like to hear from those of you running Stihl Bars on your Husky Saws. I know they make an adapter plate for the larger mount bars. How well do they work for you?
And which bars are you running on your smaller Husky saws? Such as a 346xp? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be worried that the Bar Oil holes do not line up?
Besides that, the Husky Bar would not like being on a Stihl.

Hard to put a husky bar on a stihl as the studs are larger. The stihl bar should work fine on a husky with the adapter. The oiler holes work fine, but the slot on the bar will have to be extended about 3/4" forward to get enough adjustment. Not sure what to say about whether or not I like it, it's a bar and chain. Bolt it on and cut stuff. What's not to like? I put Stihl bars on all my saws because I seem to have an abundance of them...

I have a Husqvarna 359 that I have been using a 24" Stihl bar on and it (cuts fine), but I don't like getting the bar on to the spacer ( probably just awkward for me )
I am going to switch to the proper Oregon bar.>>I did have to open the hole for the bar adjustment pin.

Mike do you just mill the slot out to 12mm on those bars then? No adverse effects? Oil holes line up good? Any slotting of those as well? Thanks.

I have made the slots on husky bars the same size as the stihl slot. On the large mount huskies the adapter can be held on by the screw for the inner bar plate. It won't fall off that way. I just wish they would get a standard length for 28" bars.
I guess you're right. You could just clamp the husky bar to the Stihl bar and hog it out using the stihl bar as a pattern. No need to worry about the studs being too large that way.

Mike do you just mill the slot out to 12mm on those bars then? No adverse effects? Oil holes line up good? Any slotting of those as well? Thanks.

The oil holes are fine. The husky slots are longer also. I've done it a couple times and worked great.

I've only done it the other way. I like the Stihl ES bars and I seem to find them easier. I bought a 25" ES bar from a buddy, he used it once then sold it to me for $10. You do have to lengthen the slot to Husky length.

I am a little confused whether you are talking the large or small mount bars. Here is my specific question. I have a bar off a Stihl 026 and a couple of new chains I would like to use on my Husky 346xp. Both are .325. The Stihl is .063, the Husky .058. Can I drill the Stihl bar to fit the Husky? Am I correct that my sprocket on the 346xp is ok? Any guess whether the Stihl chain length is ok?

I don't think you can get the mid stihl mount to the mid husky mount like the 346.

I run a 26" .063 .404 small stihl mount setup on my 372. Damn sweet combination. Do i wish it was a husky mount bar? Hell yes. But i had the stihl bar and want to use it up. Adapter works great. Only thing is i had to redrill the tensioner holes larger cause the husky tensioner is larger.

I'd have to look at the chain to refresh my memory. The chain on it is just about near the end. I have about 20-25' left of .404 but it's .058 :( i'm making the move to only buying .063 .404 and .058 3/8's. just makes it so much easier. Although i do have alot of older bars that take .058 .404 but i'm thinking i'm just gonna find tips for them to convert them to 3/8's once my chain roll is done. May as well use them up.

Back