Stihl Bars on Husqvarna Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Husqvarna 359 that I have been using a 24" Stihl bar on and it (cuts fine), but I don't like getting the bar on to the spacer ( probably just awkward for me )
I am going to switch to the proper Oregon bar.>>I did have to open the hole for the bar adjustment pin.
On this setup I had to make the chain 85dl rather then the regular 84 to be able to get the chain on the bar.

dammit, i just noticed this thread get back to the first page. BBD, i'll go count those drivelinks on my 26" setup. i used that saw out in itatsoo bay today. took down a few nice ones :). that bar i got says 28" on it but it's 30" in total length and only 26" sticks out passed the case. gonna go count quick here. hold up.

10-4 Westcoaster90, thanks I appreciate that. No rush on it, but the next time you have the cover off, some pics of the mounting and hole widening would really be appreciated too! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of stihl large mount bars on my huskies, 372,385,390. You must drill the tensioner hole out so the pin on the clutch cover fits for the stihl and total bars. The sugi hara has 2 holes, use the bigger one for husky.

Drill the oiler holes bigger also while you have the bar and grinder talking!!!!

Just put a 32" .404, 063 95 drive link stihl es bar on my 385xp, no reason not to use the adapters, they work well and the oil holes line up fine.

my 26"er is an older oregon bar i've had laying around for years. when my 26" husky bar was cooked i tried this setup and like it more for falling and chain life because of the .404. my husky bar was 3/8's and was a newer oregon. just holding a newer and an older oregon in your hands is enough to tell oregon has gone down hill.

I run a 26" .063 .404 small stihl mount setup on my 372. Damn sweet combination. Do i wish it was a husky mount bar? Hell yes. But i had the stihl bar and want to use it up. Adapter works great. Only thing is i had to redrill the tensioner holes larger cause the husky tensioner is larger.
Old thread I know. I was given a 72dl 20" Stihl bar. I have the adapters and they are fine. My problem is that my tensioner on my saw is bigger than the hole on the Stihl bar. I'm just verifying that you had to drill the bar slightly larger. Thank you for your time.

Latest posts

Back