Stihl / Bell K245 Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksimolo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a Stihl K245 sharpener. If anyone has a copy of the manual for this or knows where to get one, I would like to obtain one. I see it has been asked for before with no success. I also need the pawl or whatever you call it that swings down and acts as the stop location for the chain link. If someone can give me the dimensions, I can make one or if someone knows where I can buy one, it would be appreciated.

6.jpg 6.jpg 6h.jpg
Thanks,

Ken

Hi, I just purchased a Stihl K245 sharpener. If anyone has a copy of the manual for this or knows where to get one, I would like to obtain one. I see it has been asked for before with no success. I also need the pawl or whatever you call it that swings down and acts as the stop location for the chain link. If someone can give me the dimensions, I can make one or if someone knows where I can buy one, it would be appreciated.

View attachment 558928 View attachment 558928 View attachment 558931
Thanks,

Ken
I had that on my watch list on eBay you did good. I had a stihl usg so I can't really help you out on this one.

I need the manual as well... just dusted ours off after years of sitting on a shelf. I have the metal part you're talking about you can maybe p.m. me if you want me to take some photos and shoot you dimensions. My number is on my website if you google my screen name.

Fyi....you can get some parts for the Bell sharpeners from Brooks Enterprises in Eugene Oregon. When Bell stopped making them he continued making parts for them . I have been getting parts from him for the past 25 -30 years. He has basically closed the doors but still has some limited parts left for some of the different machines. . It's possible he can maybe help you with the instruction book? John Brooks is a great guy to deal with. Call and leave a message and he will get back to you as he is pretty much retired.

Back