Stihl bg86 leaf blower bogs how to remove limiters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl dealer says my vp canned fuel is crap and has nothing but problems with it. How can that be vp is the legendary name in fuel products? It's more oily then stihl ultra I believe that's cause ultra burns hotter while the vp lubes so well it doesn't get hot enough. Is it true vp fuel wouldn't be covered under warranty work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny my Stihl Dealer sells it and i run it in everything I think he is full of it! How old is the fuel? Just buy another carb for 40.00 and tell him GFYS! Or contact Stihl with an email and see what the real truth is.

Funny my Stihl Dealer sells it and i run it in everything I think he is full of it! How old is the fuel? Just buy another carb for 40.00 and tell him GFYS! Or contact Stihl with an email and see what the real truth is.
So I got it back couldn't get the carb clean. Got a new carb. Under warranty. I got it back it was running decent a little big off idle still. So I took out the spark screen to check it again. Just cleaned it a tank ago. It wasn't clogged but deff had a light coat of crud on it.
To my surprise it seems to run perfect with that completely out it gets much louder for some reason. But there should still be enough back pressure right? It sounds like a bg55 without the screen in.

So I got it back couldn't get the carb clean. Got a new carb. Under warranty. I got it back it was running decent a little big off idle still. So I took out the spark screen to check it again. Just cleaned it a tank ago. It wasn't clogged but deff had a light coat of crud on it.
To my surprise it seems to run perfect with that completely out it gets much louder for some reason. But there should still be enough back pressure right? It sounds like a bg55 without the screen in.

If its running better with it out leave it out. Mine is in though and it works fine.

If its running better with it out leave it out. Mine is in though and it works fine.
Does yours bog off idle? Is this because the new generation of machines? Nothing seems to take out the bog completly

Does yours bog off idle? Is this because the new generation of machines? Nothing seems to take out the bog completly

When its cold it hardly works it aint a bog it is a lean condition I suspect , put the choke on if it improves its lean if it gets worse its rich. The stupid EPA makes Stihl meet all these stupid guidelines for emissions and that's why they are so stupidly lean.

When its cold it hardly works it aint a bog it is a lean condition I suspect , put the choke on if it improves its lean if it gets worse its rich. The stupid EPA makes Stihl meet all these stupid guidelines for emissions and that's why they are so stupidly lean.
Mine develops the problem once warmed up 5 minutes later

Does it keep doing it? Still with the new carb?Maybe the coil is bad see if it comes and goes.
With the spark screen removed it's almost gone. richening it up doesn't seem to help on the low jet. It does it from idle to full. When past idle it runs good though.

Wow- how aggravating, could this be a design restriction in the air filter box (too little air flow?).

I found with some older echo leaf blowers the air box was noise muffled but I got some improvements in throttle response by adding a few small air holes in the filter cover, and retuning the carb. Maybe there is a different carb that can be adapted, but owners should not have to go thru that.

It does sound like something basically wrong with the carb selection or something in the fuel supply system.

Wow- how aggravating, could this be a design restriction in the air filter box (too little air flow?).

I found with some older echo leaf blowers the air box was noise muffled but I got some improvements in throttle response by adding a few small air holes in the filter cover, and retuning the carb. Maybe there is a different carb that can be adapted, but owners should not have to go thru that.

It does sound like something basically wrong with the carb selection or something in the fuel supply system.
I don't think it's the air filter restriction seems to sound very open

Old thread revival!

I've got a bg86c from work that isn't running right.
Fuel will leak into cylinder when it sits awhile,pull plug and dump. Will start and idle all day. Pull trigger to wot,it will spool up good and run,few seconds later it starts losing rpm till it eventually dies. Will restart one pull.

I've checked tank vent,pulled and cleaned carb(it was clean),pulled spark arrestor(clean)same problems.

Any input?

Your carb may "look"clean, if it is leaking fuel into cyl when it sits...

Slightly dirty needle or seat. Stiff diaphragm holding it open. leaking nozzle.

Do you have a vac/pressure tester to check to see if the needle holds and pop off?

I just had a problem with my BG 86 yesterday.Anyway you could measure the coil ohms from that model for me to check my coil? With cold eng test from the hot tab on the coil and to the high tension lead at boot.

Can u measure the newer coils With the circuit board in them?

Your carb may "look"clean, if it is leaking fuel into cyl when it sits...

Slightly dirty needle or seat. Stiff diaphragm holding it open. leaking nozzle.

Do you have a vac/pressure tester to check to see if the needle holds and pop off?

I do not have a pressure/vac tester.

I've replaced dozen of bg86 the carbs. What's model carb is on blower

83aa59dba677b255c3e3538168832765.jpg

S261B
350A

Back