Stihl BR 700 Nozzle modification? / BR 600 compairison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Brown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just used a Stihl BR 600 leaf blower, it works great, has a small nozzle and seems to really move soaking wet, packed oak leaves very well. Example, i ended up having a pile of these leaves knee deep, and i was able to still lift and cut through then to move them to the curb. I like the small nozzle, for this purpose. Now, has anyone ''choked'' down the nozzle on a BR 700 leaf blower to effectively "choke'' the bigger nozzle down to the size of a BR 600 nozzle? I'm thinking this would make the BR 700 a really super effective blower of really wet, packed leaves. Any thoughts?? lets hear them, i'm sitting on the fence about buying a BR 600 over the BR 700 at this point. thanks

Thanks, i'll take a look, i thought i had seen a smaller flat nozzle listed on a site i had looked at.

Late reply but for anyone else paying attention. The br450 tip fits on a br700 nozzle. I do this with mine on occasion and haven’t had overspeed problems but it’s something to watch out for. Definitely turns it into a little scalpel

Hay, its never too late for a reply, and thanks for the update!!

I installed the br450 tip on my br700. It never comes off now. It made the 700 very versatile. It blows hard when needed but here's where it makes its money. When early in the morning cutting grass or heavy noise regulated hoa community. I dont need max rpm or even near wide open throttle. Maybe ¼ to ⅕ throttle moves debris where I want it. Do you know what comes with little throttle, little noise. Relatively quiet and it ao fits on the new br800. Makes both blowers come alive.

Back