Stihl BR340 backpack Blower Flooding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo.ramos47.pr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if posted in wrong part of forum,

Im working on this blower that floods out after a few pulls, I ran a couple tests(carb and seal tests) and Carburetor tested bad went ahead and replaced carburetor.

Since replacing the carb I've :
-replaced spark plug(properly gapped),
-run compression test(130psi)
-Tested for spark
-took off muffler (was full of fuel )
-Ive blown out all fuel in engine to try to unflood
-tried to start without fuel filter and without air filter
-piston/cylinder are not scored rings look good too
-new carb passed both pressure and vacuum test

I ran out of ideas on why it won't start

Any ideas are welcome, or if I can get pointed in the right direction I'd really appreciate it
Thank you for your time

-Pablo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check the screen in the exhaust outlet. It's an insert that fits in the pipe-like outlet, if it's clogs it will flood or if started won't rev much off of idle/be difficult throttle up.

Has happened to me on a BR400 blower. I just replaced the screen recently as it did it again. It's not too rich either, plug looks great (tan) and not too much soot inside exhaust.

I've been trying to start it with muffler off, the screen looks good, though blew air through muffler make sure it flowed and all was ok, I appreciate suggestion

Update: Finally got it running, ended up being the woodruff key on flywheel, was sheered off and timing was off, new key and got it back together worked like a charm.

Hopefully this will help someone out in the future

Thank you

Regards Pablo

Latest posts

Back