Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Stihl br600 question

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by Hiroyue, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

1. Hiroyue

Hiroyue New Member

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this have been viewing this site for some time first time rebuilding some equipment and have a blower that’s been dismantled down and I’m not sure if I’m able to reuse this block and piston or it I need a new one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

neely likes this.
  2. Hiroyue

Hiroyue New Member

Or would it be possible to use this jug I know it would need more but could I just swap over the valves and seats?

Attached Files:

neely likes this.
  3. Hiroyue

Hiroyue New Member

Bump to me it doesn’t look like it scored the piston at all I don’t see or feel any abrasions in the wall.

4. OLDTIMER TECH

OLDTIMER TECH ArboristSite Lurker

Look at the where on the Piston skirts the ring Gap ring thickness look in the cylinder for scoring Ridge where look at the valves for burned and stretched pull up rings off the Piston fit in the cylinder and look for free play also crank bearings and crank seal if that unit has a lot of run time you're better off putting a long Block in it with a new carb and make sure the exhaust is clear

5. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

The cylinder looks good but i would pull that cover to check the cam lobe, gear, and push rods.
    If all of that looks id throw some new bearings and rings on it.

Why was it disassembled?

6. Hiroyue

Hiroyue New Member

I bought it with some other equipment paid like 10$ for the unit was dismantled far enough down that I just pulled the engine because I could spin the flywheel by hand with almost no resistance in strokes, old owner said it just stopped working,

TheBrushSlasher likes this.