• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL CHAINS! CHAINS! CHAINS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 20" chains in the mail a couple of days ago, and finally decided to check em out today.................NOT HAPPY.......FALSE ADVERTISING.......WARNING....

Ya see, Rory and I made a deal on ALL the 20" chains he had, the 13 that were listed, and another 9 that were supposed to be in 50% shape per our private PM's.... that's 22 total, right ??

Welp, the 13 original chains were exactly as described, then I started checking out the other chains, and here is where everything went south with the deal......

The other 9 chains were supposed to have 50% life left, and to be rusty and kinda stiff/tight.........These chains actually have more like 75-85% life left, so that is the 1st thing that was not as described...

The 2nd problem I am having is, after counting, he actually sent me 11 other chains, not the 9 as he promised.. that makes a total of 24...

So, now I have more chains than I was expecting, AND, they are in a whole lot better shape than we originally discussed...................So, I say that this was false advertising, would'nt you all agree ??

Thanks Rory, it was a pleasure dealing with you again !!
Chuck

I got my 20" chains in the mail a couple of days ago, and finally decided to check em out today.................NOT HAPPY.......FALSE ADVERTISING.......WARNING....

Ya see, Rory and I made a deal on ALL the 20" chains he had, the 13 that were listed, and another 9 that were supposed to be in 50% shape per our private PM's.... that's 22 total, right ??

Welp, the 13 original chains were exactly as described, then I started checking out the other chains, and here is where everything went south with the deal......

The other 9 chains were supposed to have 50% life left, and to be rusty and kinda stiff/tight.........These chains actually have more like 75-85% life left, so that is the 1st thing that was not as described...

The 2nd problem I am having is, after counting, he actually sent me 11 other chains, not the 9 as he promised.. that makes a total of 24...

So, now I have more chains than I was expecting, AND, they are in a whole lot better shape than we originally discussed...................So, I say that this was false advertising, would'nt you all agree ??

Thanks Rory, it was a pleasure dealing with you again !!
Chuck
dang PA a guys anyhow. i might have to take you off the GTG list. :laughing:

Latest posts

Back