• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Stihl Chainsaw Models

Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
I mean y’all are on a tiny island...can’t be that many branches in the family tree...
Tiny Island???? They don't all live on Tasmania ya know!
Copy an outline of Aussie and paste it on a map of the States- covers a fair chunk of it eh?

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tiny Island???? They don't all live on Tasmania ya know!
Copy an outline of Aussie and paste it on a map of the States- covers a fair chunk of it eh?
The mapmakers just make it look bigger,
to make you guys feel better......
They use a fish eye lens. Don’t believe what the government puts out

Jkstihl

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Nice old stihl, someone will be able to help with the info you are after. May i suggest finding a 026, 036, 044, 046, 064, 066 to feed your addiction.

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
There is a bulletin with a serial number break, that likely went with a change from the Fairbanks Morse style starter, dated 1981, and a date on the ipl of 1988 on the plastic pawl style starter. The serial number break on the 1981 version is #8 959 330.

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
Of course, this may only apply to US models, I am not sure how that worked. As the Brazil only models are different, so your area might have some differences as well.

ozziechainsaw

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
So to get a more accurate year of manufacture I would need to remove the side cover and check the points ?

Is there any other way I can get a better idea of the year it was manufactured ?