• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl Contra top cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibeatgodzilla

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had the luck to acquire a model 1106 Contra yesterday. It's old and used, but all there except for the top cover (same as 070 and 090 if I'm not mistaken?).

I realise I'm looking for a very hard to find item, on the other hand I realise there are people who restore these saws and the chap on ebay seems to be selling enough of his new reproductions - which I don't want to buy a new one, I'd like to keep the saw in its current used look - so on the off-chance I'm hoping there might be somebody who has restored their saw that would be happy to sell their old cover to me. Would be nice to make the saw complete again, seeing as it's only missing this one piece!

If so let me know, with photos and a price. Regarding working out shipping costs, I'm based in France.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi all,

I had the luck to acquire a model 1106 Contra yesterday. It's old and used, but all there except for the top cover (same as 070 and 090 if I'm not mistaken?).

I realise I'm looking for a very hard to find item, on the other hand I realise there are people who restore these saws and the chap on ebay seems to be selling enough of his new reproductions - which I don't want to buy a new one, I'd like to keep the saw in its current used look - so on the off-chance I'm hoping there might be somebody who has restored their saw that would be happy to sell their old cover to me. Would be nice to make the saw complete again, seeing as it's only missing this one piece!

If so let me know, with photos and a price. Regarding working out shipping costs, I'm based in France.

Thanks!
Dan
Try Huztl/Farmertec. I know they build a solid reliable 070/090 clone for about $150 if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure they have what you need.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I appreciate the thought but I don't want a new one - it would look just as out of place on a battered old machine than not having one at all, hence hoping somebody who was buying a new one might be willing to sell me their old one.

Back