stihl has a electric start leaf blower now

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one thinking of users putting this thing on their backs
and then trying a cold start.

Since You can't reach the purge bulb or the choke control when you have it on your back...
One wonders how many owners will cook the starter motor
by trying to crank it anyway.

Seems good for a homeowner but I would never get a whole fleet of them. I already have 75 or so starter motors and the electrical systems behind them I have to worry about. I don't need to add another 20.

It might be an improvement over the finicky Echo 770 recoil starter engagement pawls. Have to change those out about once every two month per blower. I have 13 of them.

Fun novelty though.

I have the regular 450 without the electric start and im pressed to tell the difference between it and the 600 i had..i gave 400 bucks for it and dont regret a dime of it..its a good blower.

We sold one the other day. We also got in the new BR700 but have not sold one. The Husky 580 is still the king in my opinion.

I pulled my BR 450 C-EF out on Sunday, and this time I thought for sure that the battery would have suffered some self discharge from being laid dormant the past six months. Nope, three start cycles and it fired right up. I'm certainly impressed with the durability of this blower. It sure beats the BR 600 that I had previously, although the BR 700 is supposed to be better now. I'll wait until they add electric start to it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Of all the Stihl equipment that I own, none of it starts as easily as I would like. Some of it starts easier once it's warm.

If I had $1.00 for every pull of the starter rope that failed to start a machine, I'd be a very rich man.

When it comes to ease of starting, Stihl fails miserably. :mad:

Of all the Stihl equipment that I own, none of it starts as easily as I would like. Some of it starts easier once it's warm.

If I had $1.00 for every pull of the starter rope that failed to start a machine, I'd be a very rich man.

Thank you, Free Will, for this post! I'm glad it's not just me that finds Stihl equipment hard to start!! And Husky equipment easy to start. Yanking on a rope is bad for my aging shoulders and beginning-to-tear rotator cuffs. (Both shoulders.)

It may be a bigger hit than I thought. But I wonder how much the battery is to replace if it goes out?
A week short of five years old, and the starter still works like new. If the battery ever fails, I'd spend up to $200 to replace. The system really is that good!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've two SH86C s one with the vacuum bag. On one the level sticks in the kill position, it's annoying to give it a couple of pulls and then remember it's probably stuck on kill. Also have a BR800 needs starting first time off the back but after that starts easy with the side pull on the back.

Just put a magnum sticker on it
Easy starts and more power:dancing:

Back