Stihl has stolen my source of cheap bar oil ‼

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping an eye on Rural King they are up to something. They still got all the Echo stuff but everything else is disappearing.
Around here the RK has gone to mostly Stihl products for outdoor tools with a sprinkling of other brands. They do carry some Oregon chain.

Around here the RK has gone to mostly Stihl products for outdoor tools with a sprinkling of other brands. They do carry some Oregon chain.
The one near here hasn't brought in Stihl yet if they are going to at all. Huskq. seems to be dwindling daily though and its the one that affects me most. I was there a week ago and it was lots of Echo saws, one or two Husky saws, about 1/4 of what they used to have for Husky accessories and all kinds of Echo accessories. When they take my free popcorn away I'm bulldozing the whole town.

The one near here hasn't brought in Stihl yet if they are going to at all. Huskq. seems to be dwindling daily though and its the one that affects me most. I was there a week ago and it was lots of Echo saws, one or two Husky saws, about 1/4 of what they used to have for Husky accessories and all kinds of Echo accessories. When they take my free popcorn away I'm bulldozing the whole town.

Jeez Kill-Dozer.......I'll send some microwave popcorn bags in the mail.....free of charge.......heh

stihl orange chain oil is 13.49 per bottle. the blue is the same price.
the stihl plat oil is 15.99 per gallon.

Today I used some of the Walmart house brand oil that seemed pretty thin at summer temps. It was 37 degrees when I started cutting and the oil seemed just about right in the colder temps. I'd say it should flow freely in temps much colder than this.

I bought a quart of it to see what is was like, for 30wt it seemed awful thin so I blended it with summer grade extreme oil but that's good to know with your findings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a quart of it to see what is was like, for 30wt it seemed awful thin so I blended it with summer grade extreme oil but that's good to know with your findings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm expecting to cut on Saturday with a low of 1 degree predicted. Should be nice and thick but not too thick. I'll post up what I observe. Can always add a little 5w-30 to it if needed.

Latest posts

Back