Stihl HT 133 already discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well does it work right or pull out? Is that what you mean what stops it from pulling all the way out?

Yeah, when you extend it out the shaft just slips out of the clutch drum. Nothing to stop it. So, I'm either missing a part or have something wrong.

I suspect the only IPL you will find on line is for a 103, which I think is the same.

There is a plastic piece in the end of the small tube that the control handle mounts on. And there is a two piece fitting that presses together and locks on the shaft,

The way it is now, it only keeps the shaft from moving toward the clutch. Well, the clutch is going to stop that anyway.

But, That is the way the drawing shows it. I'm just missing something.

Thanks Wolf , I posted this earlier but neglected to hit the reply button , Drrr on my part .

I can't help with the shaft problem because I have never been inside one of those tubes on any HT pruner. There is a you tube vid by one guy who knows what he is doing who works on many of those HT pruners. Maybe you can catch something your missing . Worth a try .

Nothing on that particular unit and it is different from an HT131.

Looks to me like 28 and 29 that are the two pieces that press together and lock on the shaft have to be on the motor end of 13 which is the plastic internal sleeve.

But, damn if it looks like it is made that way because the sleeve part that it would ride in faces in the wrong direction of the tab that holds it in place.

I'm sure that makes no sense if you aren't looking at it, just be aware if you ever break a shaft to pay close attention.

"when you extend it out the shaft just slips out of the clutch drum. Nothing to stop it"
So, did you figure out how it works?
My HT-133 just stopped cutting and after tearing everything apart, I determined that everything is as perfect as out of the factory. It's just nothing to stop the flexible shaft that goes into the clutch from coming out when you pull the extention tubing. Appreciate ur insights. Erwin

Attachments

• ht133.jpg
    ht133.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 3
Back