Stihl ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm still working on a Stihl 046 and think I may have zeroed in on the problem with weak spark. We ordered a Stihl ignition module part number 0000 400 1300 which I thought at the time would work. I think the correct number is 1122 400 1314. Does anyone know the difference between these two modules since they look identical on the outside..This saw has the plastic flywheel fins..

My guess (and it's just that) is you have focused on the problem. The 046 has a non-metallic FW while the 044 and the other models that use the 1300 have an all-metal FW. I gotta think the magnetic properties are at least a tad different in a composite vs metal FW. I'm curious to know if a new 1314 cures the problem.

I'm still working on a Stihl 046 and think I may have zeroed in on the problem with weak spark. We ordered a Stihl ignition module part number 0000 400 1300 which I thought at the time would work. I think the correct number is 1122 400 1314. Does anyone know the difference between these two modules since they look identical on the outside..This saw has the plastic flywheel fins..

Get the coil with 3 bolts. Has a more aggresive timing curve. Id have to pull the recoil on mine to get part number. But can do that in morning if you cant find it.

Is yours a d chamber or round?

Edit im not sure how easy a 3 bolt coil would be to source.

Edit #2 i do have a good aftermarket coil i could send your way for 15 shipped. Ran it for a couple tanks while i replaced the wire on my 3 bolt coil. Ran good. Or trade for a dual dawg setup for 046

I would say timing.
Isn't 12224001314 a 660 coil?

Get the coil with 3 bolts. Has a more aggresive timing curve. Id have to pull the recoil on mine to get part number. But can do that in morning if you cant find it.

Is yours a d chamber or round?

Edit im not sure how easy a 3 bolt coil would be to source.

Edit #2 i do have a good aftermarket coil i could send your way for 15 shipped. Ran it for a couple tanks while i replaced the wire on my 3 bolt coil. Ran good. Or trade for a dual dawg setup for 046
I'm not sure what it is, just working on it for someone else. I'm not sure what kinda parts he has already bought for it, I kinda stepped into the middle of the repair. I'll let him know about the coil. Don't go to the trouble of tearing one down, I'm going over there today to his shop and I'll see what coil he first had in the saw. I know it's bad but maybe I can find a part number..

Back