Stihl Kombi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egraham

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was going to get your opinion on a stihl Kombii unit. I am looking at the km131 which is the professional model. I will use it for mainly a hedge trimmer but I don't have a weed eater and I would pick up that attachment as well. The cutting blade attachment looks cool also.

It seems that it is a versatile unit to use around my farm. I won't need the pole saw attachment because I already have a stihl pole saw.

Does anybody have any experience with these units?

I bought 91. I feel 131 is over priced and doesn't seem to have much more grunt then my 91. We have 131 at work.

The 90/91 have interchangeable gear boxes like 130/131 but for cheaper. Check to see that the attachments you want are supported

I have the 90 and love it. Use it for pole saw and trimmer so far. Can't speak for any other attachments

Ohhh I was mistaken. Mines is the 90 I think the only difrince between 90 and 91 is the air filter. I do really like mine as Well. After running it and the 130 sorry not 131 I'm very glad I didn't spend the extra on it.

I've got the km110 with the rubber power broom and string trimmer attachment for it and love it so far

I have the pole saw, hedge trimmer and aluminum pole extension as attachments. I have an old kombi engine but am very happy with mine.

You can easily switch trimmer head and blade as long as you have the straight shaft part. I would NOT recomend using a mulching blade. The gear head won't hold up for extended time.

I bought 91. I feel 131 is over priced and doesn't seem to have much more grunt then my 91. We have 131 at work.

The 90/91 have interchangeable gear boxes like 130/131 but for cheaper. Check to see that the attachments you want are supported

km 90 vs km 130 is 28 cc's vs 36 cc's and that is a fair bit of grunt. But it all depends on what you want to do with the unit. Whichever you get they are a great choice.

km 90 vs km 130 is 28 cc's vs 36 cc's and that is a fair bit of grunt. But it all depends on what you want to do with the unit. Whichever you get they are a great choice.
For the work we do the 130 doesn't bring anything to table. Thats with a trimmer head and bristle broom on both.

I'm sure the 130 has advantage somewhere a we just haven't found it yet

Bed edge redefiner will bog down darn near all of them, but the 130 seems to keep the speed up best. I've used the trimmer, edger, blower, broom, and bed redefiner on the the 110 and 130 at work. I wouldn't worry about the difference tho, because if your doing those jobs enough to notice, then a dedicated price of equipment is probably your best bet anyway.

Just avoid the homeowner one (km54 I think?) and you should be fine.

Bed edge redefiner will bog down darn near all of them, but the 130 seems to keep the speed up best. I've used the trimmer, edger, blower, broom, and bed redefiner on the the 110 and 130 at work. I wouldn't worry about the difference tho, because if your doing those jobs enough to notice, then a dedicated price of equipment is probably your best bet anyway.

Just avoid the homeowner one (km54 I think?) and you should be fine.

A few years ago I came on here asking if the kombi system was legit.

I've had my 130 going on 3 years now and I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the units.

Kombi is legit but over priced. Myswell very weed and power head for same price as kombi power head

Back