Stihl Mount to Husky Mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvloudsawz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I ordered an adapter for the 9mm Husqy mount to have a 12mm Stihl bar, right? So my question is, basically: A 28" bar on a husqy has a 93 Drive links, 28" on a Stihl is 91 Drive links, using a 7 tooth sprocket... if I put a 28 inch Stihl bar (I just think those White bars look sexy on a husqy and are almost 30 dollars cheaper near me) will I now run 91 Drive links (Stihl) and have to break my chains (93 DL Husqys)? Is it the difference on the bars (i.e. minor difference in lengths, tapering of the tips, tapering near the mount, larger hump/height in mid-section of the bar possibly) that dictates this or is it the spacing between the mounts on the case and the sprocket on Stihl vs. Husqvarna that dictates the difference in Drive Link count? This is going on 576xp BTW

Just trying to be prepared in advance. All I have is a pocket breaker and a bunch of 93 Drive link chain.

You can order some 3/8 links on flea bay for under $10 and then have many to spare. You will then be prepared. I just order a spool or two of chain since they come with about twenty links. Then you will not need to go shopping for awhile. Thanks

Depends on the saw you use. My 25" stihl bar on a 372 needed the slot lengthened a little bit. I'll have to count my links on the 28" chains ive been using. I'm pretty sure its still 93DL. 91 might work if the slot is lengthened. You also have to enlarge the adjuster holes. The adapter makes a stihl bar mount to a d009 husky mount but its far from being straight bolt on. I run stihl light bars on all my huskies now. The adapter will have to be modified to work on some saws. Bolts right on to my 372 though.

Thank for the info. I'm planning on getting some masterlinks just in case I need to break the chains. Didn't think I'd have the headache of enlarging the adjuster hole on the bar though, appreciate that heads up!

I just did some R&D for you. This all pertains to a jred 2065(basically a 372). 72dl I had to lengthen the stihl slot about 8th inch. 91dl fits if you lengthen the slot about 8th inch. I grabbed a chain off a 461 i recently bought and it fits great. Turns out it was 92dl. Someone miss counted. But the 92dl fit perfect. I don’t have any 93dl chains but I’m thinking it will be too long or just barely fit.

With all that said a 91dl chain fit my 288 just fine without lengthening the slot. I just went to put that same setup on the jred and it would not go until I lengthened the slot. So if you have to mess with chains 73dl and 92dl should be perfect for both stihls and huskies running stihl bars with the adapter. Or just lengthen slot and run all stihl length chains.

Here’s a pic of my adapter, notice where I ground the divider out so it would fit on my 288 and Makita 7900.
60C8124D-6955-4708-8B5F-7EBD48FD42CC.jpeg

Keep in mind the 72 and 91 chains fit but they were tight. I had to hold the bar at angle to get the chain on then side it over the front bar stud. I’m sure if I lengthened the slot even further you could put it on like you normally would.

It is done. Ended up going with 92 links just like yotaismygame said. And had to drill the tension pin holes too which was a bear. Broke a chain and spun with a harbor freight breaker/spinner I bought tonight. It is garbage though. Still had to hand hammer the rivets after spinning cause the thing didn't flatten down or round them down for ****. Looks hot though. Th 28 inch Stihl bar is 35$ cheaper than the husky and felt a smidge lighter too.

Thanks a ton y'all!!

Attachments

• 20190426_213050.jpg
    20190426_213050.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20190426_213115.jpg
    20190426_213115.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13
Back