stihl ms 250 ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
response

good advise...

If it's pumpign any oil, just tip out the tank, put some diesel in it and run (pump) some through wiyhout the bar and chain on. That will usually clear out the lines and pump.. usually.. Remember the oil tank has a pickup in it. If you can get hold of it from the outside with a hemostat, clean it.

Also... make sure the oil hole in the bar is clear.

i never thought about that about deisel fuel how much would you put in it to clean it i was just wondering i did a muffer mod on it and i want to make sure i have plenty of oil on the chain and bar thank for the infor

i never thought about that about deisel fuel how much would you put in it to clean it i was just wondering i did a muffer mod on it and i want to make sure i have plenty of oil on the chain and bar thank for the infor

Lakeside53 hasn't posted here in a while, this is an old thread.

Before removing the oil pump get the correct threaded bolt or machine screw a flat washer and a lock nut or a pair of nuts which fit the bolt or screw.

Next screw the nuts onto the bolt past what you think the depth of the base of the pump is. Place the washer on the bolt and push the bolt down and thread it into the pump.

Next thread the first nut down tight against the washer then tighten the second nut against the first locking them in place. This will set the correct depth when you drive the pump back in place . Leave the bolt in the pump while cleaning and inspecting it.

Line the slotted side of the pump with the square on the case just outside the pump's hole. Drive the pump back in with a few light taps with a hammer (hitting the bolt head) when it bottoms out remove the bolt and the pump is exactly the right depth.

Nosmo

And now you tell us!!!:msp_smile: You wouldn't happen to know the depth measurement would you? I have it figured as .267". Any one else have this measurement stashed some where.... or have a MS250 setting on the bench and could measure???:msp_confused:

Ms250c

Sorry but I don't know the depth. Been too long ago that I wrote that info into that old thread.

But I do wish I'd kept that MS250C instead of almost giving it away when I traded it in on that MS362.

Nosmo

Back