Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stock 361 outcuts a stock 5100 with a wide margin, no comparison at all really - and it revs up much faster as well.

The cylinder and muffler is different here than in the US though......

Here here...
I am not the bragging type but I need to see the first 5100 that beats my trusty, mighty and beloved 361...:greenchainsaw:

FC,

Just to be clear, no stem cells were harmed in the design, development or production of the MS361 in the USA or the mother land.

Joat

Too bad someone didn't harm the muffler! :deadhorse:

Here here...
I am not the bragging type but I need to see the first 5100 that beats my trusty, mighty and beloved 361...:greenchainsaw:

Careful what you wish for now! :hmm3grin2orange:

Careful what you wish for now! :hmm3grin2orange:

LMAO... all depends on who's doin' the cuttin'.

I just love these comparison threads that bash on a particular brand... Dare I say they are usually a joke and totally biased to bash the brand the OP hates... :rolleyes:

Don't matter if is Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, or Poluan...

Gary

LMAO... all depends on who's doin' the cuttin'.

I just love these comparison threads that bash on a particular brand... Dare I say they are usually a joke and totally biased to bash the brand the OP hates... :rolleyes:

Don't matter if is Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, or Poluan...

Gary

Don't get excited now Gary....I don't hate Stihl, just guess I'm not as impressed as some are. If you haven't caught on yet, the post was more for fun than anything but the Sunday school story is without a doubt true. :)

I don't like to have fun... :laugh:

So, I poked you in the ribs too... I'm not defending any one brand... I just think these threads are a little pointless...

But that's my opinion... so I know it's right... :)

Gary

I don't like to have fun... :laugh:

So, I poked you in the ribs too... I'm not defending any one brand... I just think these threads are a little pointless...

But that's my opinion... so I know it's right... :)

Gary

Gary,

Pointless, eh? As compared to:

attachment.php

Yep, ole Basketball Gary. He shoots. He scores. Two points.

Joat

Here here...

LOL, same here. I got two 361's and a 5100. Though the 5100 is a mean little saw for 50cc its no match for the 361's. Short bars and small wood they are fairly matched. 20 inch bars and bigger wood the 361 says see ya ole Red. Fastcat is right about how quiet the 361 is though, they are quiet in stock form. Lakeside said the 361 sounds like a sewing machine untill you open up that smothering muffler on them, he's right as usual..:clap: :clap:

LOL, same here. I got two 361's and a 5100. Though the 5100 is a mean little saw for 50cc its no match for the 361's. Short bars and small wood they are fairly matched. 20 inch bars and bigger wood the 361 says see ya ole Red. Fastcat is right about how quiet the 361 is though, they are quiet in stock form. Lakeside said the 361 sounds like a sewing machine untill you open up that smothering muffler on them, he's right as usual..:clap: :clap:

Tom......No match you say?.....You're probably right as well it shouldn't be for 9 more CC and 1/2hp, not to mention $200 more smackers.

I'd venture to guess, right out of the box, all things equal (bar/chain) the 5100 will hang right with the vaunted 361 up to 14"-16" wood.

Now take 2 unsuspecting homeowners/neighbors that aren't CAD/AS loonies like us (who wont mod mufflers and buy aggressive chains but want a better quality saw) and one buys a 5100 and the other a 361 (plus $200) and they go out back to cut firewood together......I bet I know which one is gonna feel a little nauseated. :check:

Tom......No match you say?.....You're probably right as well it shouldn't be for 9 more CC and 1/2hp, not to mention $200 more smackers.

I'd venture to guess, right out of the box, all things equal (bar/chain) the 5100 will hang right with the vaunted 361 up to 14"-16" wood.

Now take 2 unsuspecting homeowners/neighbors that aren't CAD/AS loonies like us (who wont mod mufflers and buy aggressive chains but want a better quality saw) and one buys a 5100 and the other a 361 (plus $200) and they go out back to cut firewood together......I bet I know which one is gonna feel a little nauseated. :check:

FC,

You talkin' when they need parts, service, Brylcream or a tepid Folgers?

Joat

FC,

You talkin' when they need parts, service, Brylcream or a tepid Folgers?

Joat

Oh yea.....They're gonna feel nauseated alright, when they see the price of dem dear Stihl parts.....lol.....:censored:

Latest posts

Back