Stihl Ms 391

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like something is jamming in the squish band.

Use a screwdriver to pry out the plugs on the front of the muffler. Then unscrew the muffler with a T27 torx driver.
thank u I just did it and took it away and I was able to get a piece of metal from the cylinder, now i have to figure out how to take apart the cylinder and the carb from the rest of the saw,

Any story of what was going on before this happened? Were you running it or is this something you acquired?
I would pull the clutch drum and clutch off of the other side to make sure nothing is jammed in the clutch/case.
thanks for ur reply actually i bought it, not working, not sure what happened to it, I removed the muffler and took a small piece of metal from it though its still stuck doesn't move much

Well thank you all for help, I removed the cylinder apart and i was able to see that the piston had some parts shredded from it on the down side i will soon replace it and put it together just a quick question, I didn't see any base gasket for this MS 391 do u know if it needs one? and what good affordable type of gasket sealant you recommend using? any suggestions on where to buy good after market parts for it? thank you.

Latest posts

Back