• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS-440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys- I just got done with a full rebuild on a very nice MS-440. This was another project I got locally. It was a homeowner saw that needed a few things (they broke the tank- ran over the pistol grip with their tractor.) I went through the bottom end with new bearings and seals, crankcase gasket, base gasket (new OEM parts,) and the top end received new Caber rings. The original cylinder and piston are in great shape, with little wear showing on the piston. There was some carbon build-up but I removed all that. The original HD carb is excellent and I pulled the limiter caps and shaved the tabs. Brake handle is new OEM as well.

The fuel tank/rear handle is new OEM, and the fuel and air filters are new OEM (HD2 air filter.) The 3/4 wrap handle is a new USA brand aftermarket wrap from Madsen's. The large sprocket cover is new OEM. I also installed the dual dawgs and the updated roller chain catcher. Clutch, clutch drum, sprocket, and clutch drum bearing are all new. Basically, this is just a nice, fully rebuilt, stock MS-440. It would be a good saw to send to a builder. The only real defect is a stress crack in the air filter cover. It's blowing a healthy 165psi and starts right up. I have a video of the first cuts loading. I'm asking $600 shipped in Conus. I can do a part trade for a 3120 PTO case half, a Husky 555 carcass, or something interesting.

Nice looking saw ! Where did you get that full wrap handle?

Nice saw somebody will be on that like a duck on a junebug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back