• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
460 for sale. This saw was shelved early in life with a broken clutch spring.

Saw has new clutch springs, fuel line, fuel filter, impulse line, carb rebuild, spark plug- all OEM. Also has a new Oregon sprocket kit with new bearing.

Compression reads 175 on a Snap- On gauge. Overall saw is in very nice shape. Does have some scrapes and scratches but it is a chainsaw.

I did swap the handle bar for a new OEM bar that was on my "more used" 460. Original bar was scraped up like the saw was transported with another bar tucked between the handle bar and starter cover. Made sense to me to swap them.

Saw runs great. I put a few tanks through it with a 28" bar in some oak a few weeks ago.
I can probably scrounge up a 24" bar& chain if need be. Won't be pretty but will be usable. $675

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Yes, still available. Located in Williamsburg VA 23185. I should add that the saw was pressure and vac tested. I do this with any saw that I plan on selling. Also the carb limiters were trimmed during the carb rebuild. Just needs a dual port muffler. lol

$650 PHO and I'll pay shipping to lower 48. Somebody needs this saw under the tree. If it doesn't sell this time around I'll probably hold onto it until tax return time.

Bump. I will consider a partial project trade. I've got two more 460s to sell after this one. One about the same condition as this one. The other is cosmetically well used but new OEM bearings and seals etc.

Bump. I will consider a partial project trade. I've got two more 460s to sell after this one. One about the same condition as this one. The other is cosmetically well used but new OEM bearings and seals etc.

Any interest in 2 project saws for yours. I have a ms361 and 1 1/2 ms460

Latest posts

Back