Stihl ms 461 felling dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
who out there makes the best felling dawgs for the 461? Was looking on eBay and there are to many to choose from. Also I was thinking about buying a (I think it’s called) handle guard for the 461 it covers the bottom of the saw. Any thoughts.

who out there makes the best felling dawgs for the 461? Was looking on eBay and there are to many to choose from. Also I was thinking about buying a (I think it’s called) handle guard for the 461 it covers the bottom of the saw. Any thoughts.
Bought the Piltz dogs and the alu handle guards for all my saws. Good quality.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

833de0009fb5787ef025e9f35859c6eb.jpg

eBay seller custom chainsaw parts. Good seller and very nice spikes. These are on my 044.

Stihl factory dogs in either small or large are a very good product. I don't know what kind of trees you have in Ohio (except Buckeyes) but if you have rough bark trees then give Madsen's a call and get their falling dogs. Be careful of the dogs on ebay, I bought a set for my MS361 and they are garbage. Very soft, bendable steel. (I bought them for their purty orange color, what a mistake).

Stihl factory dogs in either small or large are a very good product. I don't know what kind of trees you have in Ohio (except Buckeyes) but if you have rough bark trees then give Madsen's a call and get their falling dogs. Be careful of the dogs on ebay, I bought a set for my MS361 and they are garbage. Very soft, bendable steel. (I bought them for their purty orange color, what a mistake).

I had bought a cheap aluminum china set for another saw. I asked Bryce if these were cheap aluminum or steel. They are steel and sharp. $26 delivered, I’m very pleased.

I like smaller stihl dogs work well in big barked trees bucking and felling

Does anyone know the part # for the small/outer dog? I have a stock/inner dog and just want the matching outer dog for a MS461. I don't need the big outer (part #1128 664 0502).

Latest posts

Back