Stihl ms 461r or husky 372, need a new saw!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to order up a West Hill Saw House special, a Dolmar 6410, 24" Sugihara, full wrap, hd air filter, full port job and muffler mod. Should be a ripper, and fits my need perfectly. Ill post some pics when it comes in.

I decided to order up a West Hill Saw House special, a Dolmar 6410, 24" Sugihara, full wrap, hd air filter, full port job and muffler mod. Should be a ripper, and fits my need perfectly. Ill post some pics when it comes in.
I'm not sure what your expecting out of this saw EB, but to avoid any disappointments I would like to suggest that you have it shipped to my place for testing purposes:chainsaw:. I just figure if it's not up to par it would be a lot less to ship it from my place back out east than yours :D.
Sure does sound like a saw I'd like to run, never ran one of his before, I don't think anyway lol.

a 461 has bigger nuts then a 372, but the 372 is a way nicer saw to run everyday. Don’t even get me started on stihls filtration lol. The guys who think it’s good quite simply don’t run saws enough to have an opinion.

5ab6fbfa391b4e89f894c72b0570ce0d.jpg
Couldn't agree more. The Stihl ms661 I run at work is horrible for more than just the filtration issues. $400 more than the Husqvarna 390 too.

The Makita ships out in a few days should be here no later than next Monday, looking forward to it!!

The Makita ships out in a few days should be here no later than next Monday, looking forward to it!!
Don't forget it needs to stop by my place first, I have the akita 6421 too, need to do a porter comparison video :D.
I'm excited for you, they're great saws, to bad their not orange all over :laugh:.

If you are into a non x-torq and since you are in California, you could always contact Jack Bealer(Hotsaws101) and see if he has a new OE 372xp or xpw sitting 'under the bench'. He seems to be very good at getting the 372 and 461 to perform well above stock form. I think he usually has a relatively short turn around.
Is Jack Bealer aka Hotsaws101 a member here? any phone numbers or contact info you can share?

Is Jack Bealer aka Hotsaws101 a member here? any phone numbers or contact info you can share?
Don't think he is a member here. Since this post I have come to find out that he charges well above the average for a full port job on a 461 (over 600 bucks), I do not know about a 372. If you are looking to spend around 300 bucks you are probably better off sending a saw to one of the reputable guys on here.

Back