Stihl ms 880 price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer wants $1759.00 with a 42" b&c...OTD.

I know because I asked on Monday...

When I thought Santa might bring me a new 880 for Christmas...

Before I found out my "Santa Allowance" was good for only...

A new set of gloves, three new plastic wedges and a new 28" bar for my 044! :laugh:

Depends on what you mean by "Nearly new". I picked up mine for $1500.00 w/ a 60" bar and 42"(No Warranty, but never gased). Dealer had one for $1550 with 36 and 42 bar with warranty. I plan to HOTSAW it someday so warranty mean't nothing. Craig's list around here (MI.) has them every couple months for around a $1000. I personally wouldn't give over $1050 if it had ever been run. JMHO. 3120's go for about the same amount , but they usually have more wear. I think around here douche bags buy them to cut up large willows and such, to save on the professional removal and save a dime and then off the saw to make wife happy. Most that I quote for a thousand don't have much use.

If you don't need one right away, don't mind used, have patience and look hard, you should be able to find a really nice one pretty cheap. Word of mouth and the CL have worked for me. I have $700 in my 088 that Dave Neiger went over and I just picked up a sweet 084 for $350. Both are very clean but, were truck saws with low hours. Their orange plastic was beat to heck from being bounced around but, that was replaced at low cost also over time. The patience part is what I struggle with the most.

Back