Stihl ms151T - Any input?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 151tc last year just to clean up smaller stuff around the place. Out of the box it was a turd. Did a muffler mod and removed the limiters and tuned it.(it was pig rich) And now it’s a little beast. I left it just a hair on the rich side just for safety, but you can sink the little bar all the way in and it just eats it. I noticed this morning that a big limb off a elm tree had broken off due to all the green leaves and rain on it, so it looks like when the rain let’s up I’ll break out the 151 instead of the 261 and clean up the yard.

I got a 151tc last year just to clean up smaller stuff around the place. Out of the box it was a turd. Did a muffler mod and removed the limiters and tuned it.(it was pig rich) And now it’s a little beast. I left it just a hair on the rich side just for safety, but you can sink the little bar all the way in and it just eats it. I noticed this morning that a big limb off a elm tree had broken off due to all the green leaves and rain on it, so it looks like when the rain let’s up I’ll break out the 151 instead of the 261 and clean up the yard.
Did you ever run a 150 to compare it to?

I have a MS151 that I use for general cutting. I selected it because I have bad arms and need the lighter weight. I have been using a 026 since the 80's but can't use it much any more. What faster 1/4" chain can I put on my 151? Do they make a fast cutting one like the yellow chain on my 026? Thanks

I have never tried a 150 or 151. I’ve only run a an MS192TC and a Lone Wolf 200T as an in tree saw. The 200T brings noticably more to the party than the 192 to a point, that unless the 150/151 were modified like Lone Wolf outlined, I think I might be better off with a good banana saw, but that’s probably a wreckless statement since I’ve never actually run one. I just think the 192 is about the minimum I would want to bother with while in a tree. Maybe an unmodified 150 would pleasantly surprise me.
You would not like an unmodified 150T but you should try a modified one. im sure you would like it.

Back