stihl ms170 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubnail67

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So i bought one about a year and a half back it never seemed to rev right i shelved it and went on with life fast forard a year i gassed it fired it up it was the same boggy.... so i ordered a cheap ten dollar carb from amazon.... the pic showed it being fully adjustable... it came in today same as oem but a clone.....i figured what the hell bolted it on and other then a high idle it runs perfect.... now when i tore it apart the oem carb had no gasket between the carb and the intake... the new one came with one with the hole in the correct spot... i used it.... i wanted an adjustable one but so far its almost perfect.anyone had one apart???? do they come with no gasket? just curious....i have not put it in wood yet. i will up date when i do.....im pretty impressed for a ten dollar carb.... also took the other one apart the oem and it was clean... just no gasket in between..... the carb and intake....is this the norm? i have not looked an ipl yet... thanks.

Back