Stihl MS192 Lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktm1217

Kyle
Reaction score
Hey guys, im working on a Stihl MS 192T. Im putting all new fuel and primer lines on the saw, and rebuilding the carb. However, I noticed one line to the left of the intake manifold boot that is not connected to anything and I dont remeber disconnecting it from any thing either. The line runs down behind the flywheel toward the front of the saw. Not sure where it goes from there though. Anybody know where its supposed to connect to? I have two ports on the carb - one for fuel and one for impulse and I have those two lines already. Just cant figure out this last line.

Attachments

• 20140810_123800.jpg
    20140810_123800.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
Is that the primer line? I have a few at the shop in pieces, if someone doesn't give you the answer I'll try and get there to take a few pics.

Is that the primer line? I have a few at the shop in pieces, if someone doesn't give you the answer I'll try and get there to take a few pics.
It could be. I just got it back together and the primer bulb wont fill up. I also found out that when I prime it, air and gas seeps out of the top of the gas tank along the top seem.

Just took the carb off. When I push the primer bulb, gas comes out of the impulse line and then into the carb. Somethings not right here...

I believe I put them in the same way they came out.. the impulse line went In the right side of the grommet in the tank, and the fuel line went into the left side of the grommet. Guess ill switch the two and see what happens then....

why not post them here .... never know when one of us will come across one.... and have the same problem.... long as we don't lose the pics again ......like when the sight was hacked......

Ok here's some pictures. It looks like the one line that runs behind the flywheel goes from the motor (right behind the flywheel) to the underside of the handle to the left of the intake manifold. It's really hard to get a good shot of it. I just threw a bunch of random pictures in there, it's the best I can get. I can take it more apart if this doesn't help. Good luck
IMAG1080.jpg IMAG1068.jpgIMAG1075.jpgIMAG1077.jpgIMAG1074.jpg

Ok here's some pictures. It looks like the one line that runs behind the flywheel goes from the motor (right behind the flywheel) to the underside of the handle to the left of the intake manifold. It's really hard to get a good shot of it. I just threw a bunch of random pictures in there, it's the best I can get. I can take it more apart if this doesn't help. Good luck
View attachment 363031 View attachment 363032View attachment 363033View attachment 363034View attachment 363035
Any idea what that line connects to though? Thanks alot for all those pics though!

Actually, the more I look at it, it looks like the one with the ridges is the impulse. So I'm not too sure, sorry. I hope someone with more experience with these saws comes by cause now I really want to know.

Ok upon further inspection it looks like it is the impulse hose. The two lines that run on top of the housing go to the fuel tank, purge bulb, and carburetor. The line that runs behind the flywheel goes from the side of the motor to the handle (behind the carb).

I have a 192 apart, in front of me. The line that connects to the nipple on the block, is like a breather on a valve cover, on an older car. There is nothing on the end that slips up into the air filter housing.....just open hose.

The 2 coming from the primer bulb, LONG stem down, run to the saws acorn breather, and to the small pipe coming out of the carb. The metal line, coming out of the left front grommet in the tank? it plugs into the square block on the front of the primer fitting. The 90' metal fuel feed fitting pushes into the flexible rubber line that plugs into the tank grommet, to the right.

This is here for service. I wonder if the owner has fiddled around with these lines? So, is there a simple line routing page??

I have a 192 apart, in front of me. The line that connects to the nipple on the block, is like a breather on a valve cover, on an older car. There is nothing on the end that slips up into the air filter housing.....just open hose.

The 2 coming from the primer bulb, LONG stem down, run to the saws acorn breather, and to the small pipe coming out of the carb. The metal line, coming out of the left front grommet in the tank? it plugs into the square block on the front of the primer fitting. The 90' metal fuel feed fitting pushes into the flexible rubber line that plugs into the tank grommet, to the right.

This is here for service. I wonder if the owner has fiddled around with these lines? So, is there a simple line routing page??

Lots of thanks for all the help from Cardell. With a flashlite, and magnifying glasses, I found that the hose in question, referred to, because it is the impulse hose, runs from the engine, past the coil, and up on a 90', and onto a tiny hose barb.......Eye-ball the backside, where the carb studs run thru, and its right there next to the intake boot............

Attachments

• 20210126_002300.jpg
    20210126_002300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210126_002331.jpg
    20210126_002331.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210126_002349.jpg
    20210126_002349.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210126_002450.jpg
    20210126_002450.jpg