Stihl MS192T ordered MS193T delivered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear bout growing legs, I got put out of business when 75 outboard motors and more than $35,000 worth of Snap on and Mac tools grew legs. Now I'm still trying to get my life back on track after 11 years. I can always resell the helicoil set and this morning went to a stihl dealer I had never been to before and they quoted me $95 for cylinder, piston wrist pin and circlips.
The seller on ebay wanting $250 is in outer space, New saw at the dealer $309 w 14" B&C
What is it about the 193's that are junk. is the strato engine the problem? I can always put helicoil in it carefully, put in plug and if it won't run put it up on ebay auction with $0.01 start price as parts/for repair. and buy a new Dolmar ps-32 or Ps350
Just thinking worst case senario.

Sorry for the last e reply. Per my dealer the 193T was designed for the 'easy start' system. Pull cord out slowly winds up a spring, the releases at end of pull cranks engine. Unfortunately the users would pull like normal which ruins the 'easy star' so they removed that. Result was a smaller diameter wheel the cord is operating.

The 193t isn't junk by any means, it is a fine saw. The problem is a small saw that is ery difficult to hold stable enough to pull the cord all the way out the first pull of the day.

I finally tossed in the towel and went to a Husky top handle.

Latest posts

Back