Stihl Ms210 rebuild. cylinder cracked. head?? Oem or aftermarket ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlMaster88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought this new about 9 years ago and had alittle accident . Last summer working this baby on big wood it was hot as hell and I was also had a clogging problem due to a chain that wasn't sharp enough. It locked up on and after I took it apart I thought it was just one bad crank bearing that went bad. So I got Stihl bearings, Stihl seals, Stihl rings from my local dealer after it happened . I didn't have time over the fall or winter to mess with it until now. Apparently I and my local dealer over looked the crack on the intake side of the cylinder which goes along with some rough streaks on the cylinder but the rough streaks don't transfer over to the head/body to much. I've bought a few other things things for this saw and into about 60-70. I'm not sure where to go from here. just get the cylinder but stihl only sells the kit with rings and all for like $50-60 retail price then I'm not sure sure about the head. Just get an after market cylinder meteor maybe or something else? Get the whole aftermarket engine , crank etc but then which one and another option is can it be upgrade to a ms250 engine in the ms210 body but will I be lacking other **** like oil flow or carb? I'd rather just stick with the ms210 35cc set up 40mm so what is good after market if I don't find a good used OEM stuff. the other ****** thing is I ****ed up the key fly wheel on it so I need that . I can wait until I come across stuff cheap or free just looking for ideas now. thanks

Back