Stihl MS230 Chainsaw leaking fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DZL

Reaction score
Hi I'm just after a bit of help here.
I've just bought a 2nd hand stihl MS230 online from interstate and had it posted to me.
Upon putting it together (bar and chain on), I noticed there was fuel leaking from the white component pictured next to the carbie.
Also it will not start.
Would anyone be able to help diagnose this problem please? Should this white cap component thingy be leaking fuel? It almost looks to me like something is missing from there.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-11-02.png Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-11-13.png Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-11-25.png Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-11-02.png

Yep, the top is missing from the tank vent. That looks like an aftermarket vent. Another aftermarket vent is cheap on eBay. Or the original one can be bought at the dealer. Here is the part number: 0000 350 5802

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys!
And it should start regardless of it missing the top..?

It should. Check all your fuel lines and impulse line. Has the saw been sitting a while? Did the seller say it runs? If you grab the saw by the recoil starter handle and try to pick it up, does the saw stay up or fall down quickly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The metal kill switch is on the wrong side of master switch too. If it does start,you'll never get it shut off.

Latest posts

Back