Stihl MS241-C?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

555JM

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saw this at the Stihl dealer today. Never heard of it before. Haven't seen it on Stihl's site.

42cc pro-grade saw. Was told they come with a 16" bar with a Picco 3/8" chain. Seems like a handy saw; lighter than the MS261 that was next to it. Would need different sharpening file for that Picco chain I think.

Anyone have experience with this model?

Saw this at the Stihl dealer today. Never heard of it before. Haven't seen it on Stihl's site.

42cc pro-grade saw. Was told they come with a 16" bar with a Picco 3/8" chain. Seems like a handy saw; lighter than the MS261 that was next to it. Would need different sharpening file for that Picco chain I think.

Anyone have experience with this model?
Yes it is our go to saw I think it is just one of the best ones they make. Yes it uses a smaller file .

I have one and like it. I primarily use it for trail clearing. I often hike in mile or two to clear a tree so I try and shed weight where I can. I use a 201T as well. I like they share the same bars. I have the 241 ported and a 7 pin rim so they can't really share chains without both being at the very ends of their adjustments. The 241 has plenty of power and is great on fuel (also less to hike in). I find its fuel tank a bit small. Really happy with the performance with the PS chain.

Thanks for the input. Not a Stihl guy so haven't followed their offerings.

The 241C was new, maybe old stock. Almost bought the thing but didn't want to.throw another chain/file size into the mix. Figured there'd be a screw up eventually. Ended up buying the 261C next to it for firewood work.

Didn't know about 3/8" Picco chain; don't understand the 'why' either. Would've expected .325 on that saw.

It can run 325. Mine is set up for it. But with not even a pound of difference between it and the 261, and much less power stock, it struggled to find it's niche in anything other than marketing.
I had to port mine to make it earn it's keep.
161127244.cMCZyLyd.jpg

Latest posts

Back