Stihl MS250 IPL & Shop Manual Needed....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wirenut2266

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Folks: Just purchased a ms250 off Craigslist to add to my small but growing collection. Paid $225 for it, saw looks mint, bar looks as though it was run dry a couple of times. Will de-burr and repaint, or maybe just pick up a aftermarket and be done with it. Came with 16" bar, chains, case, 4 oil, 1 gallon bar lube. So I thought it was pretty fair deal.....AnyWay, Now would like to have an IPL and ShopManual for this nice little saw. An of you good folks out there with these, please PM myself, and I will shoot you me email then, and again, ThankYou.....This CAD thing is getting pretty bad now, wife may start asking questions:taped:

If anyone has the manual I would like to have a copy also.
(The clutch came loose and destroyed the plastic engine casing and the oil pump)

Hi I also would greatly appreciate a manual!!! I just had my MS 250 returned to me (under warranty) and was charged a shop fee of $28, to clean out the Dang oiler. WTH?!?! I am pretty darn handy with machines, and the 250 being my first new saw, fits my needs perfectly. I'm impressed with its power for being a small saw, bucked a Eucalyptus (29" diameter) tree approximately 30+ ft tall, with ease. bar began to get dry and tried to clean the oiler out but to no avail. hence, the $28 at the dealer. $$ could have gone toward taking my wife and kids to a movie...Date with my wife....savings fund for a new MS 441:hmm3grin2orange:

I hate to bug too but....

Could i get one of these as well? I....errr i mean "someone" roasted my saw and i could really use one! Thanks for anything you can do.

(shop man and IPL if possible) THanks again (i know i am new)

Last edited:
MS250 Shop Manual

Newbe folks...

I also have an MS250. Been running great for several years. Put up for several months and now having probs staying cranked. Changed fuel/air filters, new gas. After getting into a serious cleaning I found the fuel line running from the carb to the gas tank is cracking pretty bad. I assume it is sucking air. Hope that fixes my problem. But, I would love to get a shop manual.

For initial H/L settings, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shermjaxfla

Sherm: initial settings:

High speed: 3/4 turn off seat
Low speed: 1 turn off seat

Sorry can't get shoot your manuals at current time, laptop PC with manuals on it is MIA. In the shop for repairs. Somebody here will notice your need and help you out. Otherwise, will get them to you when I get PC back, Bruce.

I've had the MS250 for about 4 years really never a problem. I used it about a month ago and it worked. Not working now. I need to do some maintenance and get it going. I could use the repair manual if someone has it.

Thanks. Glad I found this site I'll be using it more often.

Last edited:
Hello,

Is the IPL and Shop Manual different than the manual that comes with the MS250? I got a MS250 from my dad which does not run and I'm trying to get it running. If these manuals are different can I get a copy as well?

Thank you

I too have an MS250c I love that saw.. I did buy it a bigger brother MS441 (used) so it would have to work so hard on the bigger wood.
I would like to find IPM's and shop repair manuals for them. Actually manuals on any of the saws listed below in my signature would be nice to have.
Thanks

Last edited:
My turn to ask.

Now I'm looking for the manual. I'm looking for some good diagrams of the carburetor, specifically.

-eric

I would greatly appreciate an IPL and Service manual, my oiler is not quite up to par. I think with an 18" bar and hardwood it is on the marginal side. However mine might be half messed up. Thanks

Latest posts

Back