• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS260/MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I can bring one of these saws and you can show me how it was refurbed?

I put this ad up for ppl to get a good deal, not argue with some TURD, I'm done talking to your puzzy azz
Real beauty this pu-rear view guy I’ll tell ya ! He needs a serious checkup from the neck up if ya get my drift!

Yes I did mean it, in a nonchalant way.

No threats, just 2 men talking in person. You do know you can't read body language or hear the tone of a voice behind a screen right?

No it's not mine, it's a good deal to share/pass on with other members here. Especially when members like @avastihl manage to come on this post and just happen to be trying to sell these for $750. I got one for $485 with a 20in bar and 3 chains, but patience is a virtue! If you can't wait then get ahold of @avastihl for one.

I'm all about helping my fellow man. I ain't a scammer, that's why I called him a troll.
It didn't seem like it.
I think if you would have spoken to him as you did to me it would have came across a lot differently. I know there are plenty of misunderstandings in what we read, but I will say I don't feel as though you came across the same way to me as you did.
There's another member who also has a couple for sale and I feel the price is reasonable based on what he had to do to get them and how hard it most likely will be in the future to get them. Like you said patience is a virtue as is taking a chance dealing with Ebay, even if you make a claim you still have to deal with all the trouble of sending it back. I just bought a jred labeled bar last week, it came and it wasn't labeled jred, I wanted it only because of the labeling to collect. I missed the time I had to send it back by so now I'm stuck with it, that could happen with one of these saws too, that would hurt a lot more than a 60 some dollar bar, anyone need a 24" grey bar and chain :).
If it's all legit, cool, I don't know and I'm not saying either way.

Guess I didn't post this :rolleyes: earlier, you guys been busy :reading::surprised3:.

Chipper1 you are straight out full of you know what . eBay and PayPal are 1000% safer than any chainsaw forum you are on period. PayPal and eBay will make sure you get your money back if you are telling the truth and show proof .
Simple question for you .. why do so many forum people ask to send money Family and Friends? No fees AND NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE FROM PAYPAL. I sold 4 saws on eBay in the last month to happy customers and yet come to this forum and Buy 1 saw & get a raw end of a deal ....
EBAY IS 1000% safer with real feedback and agents to back in up!
If you have zero proof of a bad deal and will continue to whine because that is your Whiney girly man nature . Yes people like myself and Retired Marine call you out because you have nothing better to do than Watch Dog other peoples ads .. Funny when I get hammered by a deal you say nothing ???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipper1 you are straight out full of you know what . eBay and PayPal are 1000% safer than any chainsaw forum you are on period. PayPal and eBay will make sure you get your money back if you are telling the truth and show proof .
Simple question for you .. why do so many forum people ask to send money Family and Friends? No fees AND NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE FROM PAYPAL. I sold 4 saws on eBay in the last month to happy customers and yet come to this forum and Buy 1 saw & get a raw end of a deal ....
If you have zero proof of a bad deal and will continue to whine because that is your Whiney girly man nature . Yes people like myself and Retired Marine call you out because you have nothing better to do than Watch Dog other peoples ads .. Funny when I get hammered by a deal you say nothing ???????

I don't think anybody disputes the safety of ebay for the buyer. For the seller it's a different matter. Having good feedback on ebay really just means that you haven't ran into a crook buyer. Between dishonest buyers(which ebay ALWAYS sides with) and all of the fees, many have gone away from using that platform to sell. It's not to be dishonest, it's just that doing the fundamentals of a sale, what I was taught coming up as "the way you do it", is nothing on that platform.

Doing business here is different. There is a feedback system, but it's word of mouth. If you are involved in discussion on the site people will get a feel for who you are and decide whether to do business with you. I am 100% sure I've rubbed some people the wrong way in discussions on the site. It happens in life. The most important thing here is honesty, and discussion. If it's your way or the highway, you'll not do well buying and selling here. If you don't like questions or dissent, ebay is probably a better place for you.

That's the second time you've mentioned people "asking" for payment by paypal friends and family and it makes me think you don't understand how it works. When people say that, it's not "pay this way so I can rip you off". It's saying "this is my price, if you want buyer protection that's fine but it's on you to pay the 3% to have it". I've bought both ways. Sometimes it's part of the price negotiation. Sometimes a member is new to the site or I haven't seen them engage in much discussion so I will just add 3% to the total. I don't get offended when people do it to me, and I don't usually say anything when i get sent 3% less through paypal. Almost all business i conduct on-line is a hobby, it's not my livelihood.

It's really not as hard as you're making it sound to buy and sell here. I've done a lot of buying and selling on AS, and I have less complaint about what I've recieved here than what I've gotten from ebay, at least with chainsaws. Just know that guys will look out for each other when something doesn't add up. Be honest and be realistic.

Not sure why you're going to all sorts of extremes with saying I'm full of crap and the numbers based on stats that cannot be confirmed(1000% safer can't be confirmed can it), and at the same time asking me for proof. It's not hard for me to provide proof if you would really like it, but it's also a simple thing to take me at my word on, it's not a far fetched story or something that was passed down through multiple people(I'll share it again though). I bought a bar off Ebay, the picture showed a jred labeled grey bar with a chain, when I got it the bar was grey and did not say jred on it. It was great that even though the seller had a no return policy I opened a claim and the seller then sent me an email with a shipping label. I did not get the label printed in time so the claim was closed and now I'm stuck with the bar. It's not the end of the world as it was like a $60 purchase for a new 24" bar and chain and I will sell it sooner or later or make a buck doing some tree work with it. I wasn't whining at all about it, just made note of it saying things don't always go as planned there either, I've had other issues there too, just brought that one up since it was recent. The point I was making about the bar is that there are other hoops one must jump through just as buying anywhere in regards to warranties/guaranties.

From what I hear being said these saws sound like a great deal. Like in your listing for the jred, I had no problem with the price you listed or the quality of it(if it sells it sells if not..). I just expressed my opinion on it which is what you asked for. It seems you were offended by what I said in that thread, that was not my intention, and I'm sorry for that if that is the case. This post is in the wrong place as the OP isn't selling anything, this is the trading post where you sell things not post deals you've found elsewhere. I'm not threatened in any way by it, I like a great deal. If I didn't already have a decent ported 361 or used the 60cc saws more I'd be inclined to buy one, I've also got 2 or 3 026's and an o24 so I'm set there even though I prefer my 50cc huskys. Want to buy an 026?

I'm not sure why others say friends and family, I do it so that people understand that I'm wanting that specified amount to make it to me, if someone buys from me and uses the service/merchandise option I'm fine with that as I have nothing to hide, I just want them to add the difference so I get the amount I expect in the end. I know some have also said they have other money coming in via PayPal and after a certain amount they get taxed on it when it goes the S/M so they ask for F&F, at least thats what they say, but I haven't experienced that. Another thing I do that doesn't happen on Ebay is I offer to ship thru whoever folks want as they know their carriers better than I do. I also ask them if they want a signature required or insurance, I haven't seen that as an option on Ebay, but I guess one could always ask a seller for those things.

I'm sincerely bummed you got a raw deal on a saw, I don't like hearing that, this is the first I heard about it(if it's the one you were talking about having a bad piston on the other channel I thought it was an Ebay deal based on the price you said you paid). I've had a few bad deals myself and have let others know of this including mods. Many people contact me asking about certain sellers/saws and I do what I can to offer advice that leads them in the right direction, in the end something could always go wrong. I bought and sold four saws with one guy, no problems, then the saw never came, it was a bummer for sure with no recourse.
If you want to let me know the details I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can, I don't like hearing that whether it's Ebay or anywhere for that matter, but especially here since I hang here a lot.
I recognize there are risks whether I use the TP here or on another forum, Ebay or craigslist as there are many factors that come into play with doing any deal even if it's at someones home and you hand them cash and they hand you a saw or buying a new saw. That being said I hope that the experiences people have here are good rather than bad and that starts with me doing what I can to make it that way.

The trading post isn't for everyone based on the level of risk and that's okay, they should buy where they are comfortable.

I don't think anybody disputes the safety of ebay for the buyer. For the seller it's a different matter. Having good feedback on ebay really just means that you haven't ran into a crook buyer. Between dishonest buyers(which ebay ALWAYS sides with) and all of the fees, many have gone away from using that platform to sell. It's not to be dishonest, it's just that doing the fundamentals of a sale, what I was taught coming up as "the way you do it", is nothing on that platform.

Doing business here is different. There is a feedback system, but it's word of mouth. If you are involved in discussion on the site people will get a feel for who you are and decide whether to do business with you. I am 100% sure I've rubbed some people the wrong way in discussions on the site. It happens in life. The most important thing here is honesty, and discussion. If it's your way or the highway, you'll not do well buying and selling here. If you don't like questions or dissent, ebay is probably a better place for you.

That's the second time you've mentioned people "asking" for payment by paypal friends and family and it makes me think you don't understand how it works. When people say that, it's not "pay this way so I can rip you off". It's saying "this is my price, if you want buyer protection that's fine but it's on you to pay the 3% to have it". I've bought both ways. Sometimes it's part of the price negotiation. Sometimes a member is new to the site or I haven't seen them engage in much discussion so I will just add 3% to the total. I don't get offended when people do it to me, and I don't usually say anything when i get sent 3% less through paypal. Almost all business i conduct on-line is a hobby, it's not my livelihood.

It's really not as hard as you're making it sound to buy and sell here. I've done a lot of buying and selling on AS, and I have less complaint about what I've recieved here than what I've gotten from ebay, at least with chainsaws. Just know that guys will look out for each other when something doesn't add up. Be honest and be realistic.
Guess I should have read this first would have saved some typing lol.

Tim can vouch, I purchased a saw on eBay yesterday or the day before. The reason I involved myself was to merely point out the errors in the OP’s post. I feel like we have all beat this repeatedly but again it wasn’t an issue with the eBay seller.

Look at these 2 talk it out, we're part of the animal kingdom after all.
Social Justice Warriors everywhere nowadays.

I could say a lot about that, and it would be quite funny, just a bit inappropriate; but being a man I have a choice to control myself on a forum, we aren't really fighting over territory here or breeding rights are we o_O.
Treating others with respect should be something a marine would understand.

Hahaha probably so. But of course, sigh, we are girly men. You know because we don’t get emotional in an online thread with aggression and pseudo threats. Ignorance is bliss though.

Couple good quotes for everyone lol

“The ego is what drives a self-serving individual who hates to admit they are wrong.”

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.” - Thomas Paine.... you know, the guy who wrote common sense lol

Hahaha probably so. But of course, sigh, we are girly men. You know because we don’t get emotional in an online thread with aggression and pseudo threats. Ignorance is bliss though.
Just to be clear I'm not on one side or another as far as a debate so I'd rather not be included in the "we" (second time at least you've said "we" and I seemed to be included in it), especially in regards to being girly.
I don't know you, your beliefs or much else about you except were both hanging on a forum I enjoy. I'm not trying to win votes, points, or to be right. Nothing against you, hopefully we can continue to talk on the forum, but maybe it will be in a more productive way that what this thread is bringing about.

@chipper1 I believe we have both been called girly men. That comment was just satirical. Definitely am not calling you or I, girly men
That's not what I'm saying.
I'm saying I'm not on your or Tim's "team" so please don't say "we" as in I'm part of what your saying.
If you notice I'm not even going there in regards to him calling me girly, you've grabbed the bait and fallen in the trap, I'm not interested in going there, I know who I am.

Back