Stihl ms261c bar 18” or 20”

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - - very nice job!

I'd hate to get those dirty but would likely be content just placing them on pedestal near the TV. Nicer to watch - :D
Haha I know right . Unfortunately I have to put these new ones to work this wknd . Have one one more day to enjoy there perfection , although I clean them after every use with fine toothbrush lol . Gives me a reason to spend time in the garage an hide for little while .

I'm with you. I prefer anything I take into the woods to try its hardest not to get run over by the tractor! Bright blue like the logrite tools is the best, but orange is alright too.
I’m with you. One reason I own smurf saws, blue doesn’t occur naturally in nature.

Doesn't look like an orange cream sickle anymore. I've thought about dipping the covers for some of mine. Then I decided that blaze orange was harder to lose in the woods.
I agree , Orange certainly sticks out an for lots of people that do tree work for a living that helps out a lot , I’m not one of them , I’m just a wknd warrior escaping the household an taking care of my firewood . An enjoy my saws looking different an personalized , why not .

D804E7B8-4FB8-47F4-A8A7-499313CE54D6.jpeg
I agree , Orange certainly sticks out an for lots of people that do tree work for a living that helps out a lot , I’m not one of them , I’m just a wknd warrior escaping the household an taking care of my firewood . An enjoy my saws looking different an personalized , why not .
Personalized my smurfs this way. Not as impressive as yours but people chuckle.

I don't actually live anywhere near woods. I live in quite literally bald ass prairie where the only trees are human planted with a few in the deep valleys. It's just when I go to the woods, I'm likely to lose something because I"m not used to not being able to see it from a long way away. haha

what's your plan to muffler mod the 261 c-m? Just open up the in and out a bit? I haven't heard what is working best for the 261 c-m.
Here’s what I did, what most people do. Three slices with a dremel cutoff wheel and open them up with a screw driver and pair of duckbill pliers. I run 16 inch .325, perfect combo. I had a 18" .325 on it and like the 16 much better.

28230021-CEB3-4C9B-9903-1EC2A4542A1B.jpeg

E688462A-2EB5-48FB-86C7-007395F12EE1.jpeg

Nice , can you tell the difference, wondering if I should wait until I have few more tanks through it to break it in more since I have like 2 tanks through it now or doesn’t matter ?
Yes you will definitely notice a difference. I waited till the saw was fully broken in. Make sure you remove the muffler if you do this, you don’t want any metal shavings going into the cylinder. Blow out the muffler real good with compressed air before reinstalling. My two go to saws are just like you, 461 and 261. You can’t beat that combo.

Back