• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightrider412

Reaction score
Looking to sell my basically brand new 4/2017 MS261C-m I got this off for some work that I did since I’ve had it in the last two years I’ve only used it twice Everything is like brand new on it the bar is straight the chain is original It’s a professional saw Heavy duty I never got to really use the 50cc engine on it to see how nice it cuts Or how light it was never got to use it all day long. I was always stuck using the home lights whenever I work for this tree company Fired right up after not being used stored indoors 750 brand new 500 shipping to USA only

Attachments

• 3B261D76-DBE2-4448-AECF-F076F9550589.jpeg
    3B261D76-DBE2-4448-AECF-F076F9550589.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 85
It’s a 261 c-m has the latest electronic technology anyone Anybody can screenshot a different saw and it’s a different price you had a 261 up this one was 780 brand new thanks for being a ass and wasting time and everyone who took time to like them comments keep them to yourself if u ain’t got nothing good to say

Ok, let me start by saying that it is in the height of bad forum etiquette to post complaining about the price of an item for sale.

Was the OP incorrect in the posted price. Likely, yes. We have covered this already - MSRP in the US is around $580-590. Depending on where you live - there may be tax as well putting total to around $650 or so. They could have confused models or have pulled pricing from a Canadian retailer for all we know.

Based on those numbers, $500 shipped (cost $30-50 dollars to seller depending on US destination) isnt the worst ask I gave seen. Would I give $500 for this - no. Would most buyers, no. That said some people see value in saving tax alone and MIGHT pay $500...or at least $450 (for the record I personally see ($375-450 being fair - again not trying to trash the OP thread but I think both the replies and OP have accomplished that).

My question is - why in the hell did multiple people here need to pile in and call the OP out publicly ? How would a PM not have accomplished the point (and then if the OP reply warranted it - call them out then appropiately).

Secondly to the OP, my question: is selling things online new to you? Seriously, a forum is convenient enough to allow you to post FOR FREE to a select audience of buyers and you have to come in and act an ass? Seriously - you need to get an education quick or consider using CL/OfferUp and other less targeted sites or perhaps better yet consigning in the hands of a pro to handle your pricing/inquiries.

The OP story seems off - but not unbelievable. Photos are provided so its not unreasonable to say they own the item in question and they gave no indication of seeking "suspicious" payment methods. If you dont feel comfortable with the seller - MOVE ON. If a buyer is interested - thats their business, not yours. If the forum admins feel something is up with the seller - let them pull the ad....no need for pitchforks and torches.

And to everyone who enjoys the site-free classifieds: realize crap like this only furthers the case for a pay to post classifieds. $5 or $10 yearly does an amazing job of keeping down the problem posters. (Rant over).

Ryan,

Not at all directed towards you. Simply put - you posted what I think is fair...a note to check your post on MSRP to the OP. No pointing out his ask was "too high" - just an FYI to the OP and to potentially interested parties something in an ad was off. No different than if someone posted specs or a model number that was wrong. A simple FYI is fine. You didnt say ASK is wrong..only the selling price new (in general, again - who is to say OP didnt trade $800 in work for a $589 saw).

Its when you get into the "your overpriced" - "I'd never pay that" or "I gotta guy who gives me these for xxx" territory I have an issue. Pointing out current MSRP on a product readily available new is one thing....calling out what someone feels is a "high price" is another. One is FACT another is opinion. Yes - you may get "special pricing" but unless the majority of the USA gets it - its not pertinent to a FS post aimed at US buyers. Just posting/shsring specs is one thing and opinion on a better brand reliability is another.

As to the "there are pics so it must be true" crowd - just showing your maturity/comprehension skills here. I said it is not UNREASONABLE to think the OP was legitimate in his holding of said item. We all understand pics CAN AND WILL BE stolen. After looking at a few hundred thousand private postings on Ebay/CL and other sites though - its been my experience the chances of an outright scam drop when dealing with non-stock image posters. Most crooks arent smart or resourceful..they make 1000 ads hoping to get 1 sucker to bite. Research takes time and effort. At no point did I say it PROVES OP is legit...only it gives credence to the fact.

As to sticking around, well - time will tell. I've found alot of great info here and its a useful resource. That said, I also dont really find it all that inviting. Fact is members here roasted the OP BEFORE they had a chance to show their true colors. As it turned out OP isnt exactly a shining example...personally I prefer to let people demonstrate their personality rather than pre judge.

Nice site here and I keep my opinion that 98% of the people on here are decent, will intentioned humans - just like I would encounter at the local hardware store or anyplace else public. Problem is - those 2% can drag a forum down fast if you dont watch out.

I'm new to this forum - but not forums in general or dealing with the public. I have seen much larger forums fall to nothing in the past 15 years. Many years ago - I was a guide/host with AOL and spent sone time on Compuserve. Those days gave way to forums...who are now rapidly becoming Facebook groups. Personally, I like forums (easier to browse the info I am interested in and bypass that I am not) - but the trend is FB. 10 years from now this forum might go the way of an AOL message board/chatroom. Only the support/help of its members will determine thar.

I got 500$cash i can send in envelope i dont have paypal.

@pioneerguy600 would you take a look at this nonsense here calling people names. Bringing stuff from other forums over here indirectly talking of and making fun of people from fl. As well as racial comments

Sorry sir will keep it clean. Just trying to look out for other members

Sorry sir will keep it clean. Just trying to look out for other members

Let them look out for themselves, any more of this vigilante behavior from any member will land them in much deeper conflict with the moderators and site management. There is to be no posts in the selling threads other than questions for the seller, banter and arguing will get the poster awarded points toward a trip to camp. The warning at the top of the Trading Post thread, first page is not there just for looks.

Let them look out for themselves, any more of this vigilante behavior from any member will land them in much deeper conflict with the moderators and site management. There is to be no posts in the selling threads other than questions for the seller, banter and arguing will get the poster awarded points toward a trip to camp. The warning at the top of the Trading Post thread, first page is not there just for looks.

Understood. but it looks like this post needs to be cleaned up, not just mine.

The only way you can see the warning is if you go in through the forum list. If you’re just searching new posts and click on a for sale ad you don’t see it

Understood. but it looks like this post needs to be cleaned up, not just mine.

If I don`t hear from the OP very soon the whole thread will be deleted, I am just giving him some time to reply. I could ,lock it but will let it run for this evening. Any posts after this one of mine will be deleted unless it is dealing with the sale of the saw, period.

It’s a 261 c-m has the latest electronic technology anyone Anybody can screenshot a different saw and it’s a different price you had a 261 up this one was 780 brand new thanks for being a ass and wasting time and everyone who took time to like them comments keep them to yourself if u ain’t got nothing good to say

I'm from Pittsburgh and buy at 2 dealers.

Where did you see a 261 c-m for 780 bucks ? .. 599.00 sticker price at everyone I go to.

What tree service do/did you work for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back